Heritage Owners Club

New Project : H 162 Rescue!

brentrocks

I am collecting parts for my next project, a 1987 H 162 in Heritage Blue, with a maple bolt on neck. This was a ebay rescue, the guitar had tuners installed at one time, but nothing else.

I'm hoping that the rest of my parts arrive today, and will have this baby rocking by this evening!

I am collecting parts for my next project, a 1987 H 162 in Heritage Blue, with a maple bolt on neck. This was a ebay rescue, the guitar had tuners installed at one time, but nothing else.

I'm hoping that the rest of my parts arrive today, and will have this baby rocking by this evening!

I'm glad you rescued that one. Is it the one from Ebay? Guitars have rights too and every guitar deserves to have and live in a happy home. The Henderson home is a warm, safe haven for abandoned guitars. Now this 162 will have fresh start and a chance at a good life.

Well, all my parts came in today, so I got right at it...

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

Put on some tuners and a 5-way and some pots...

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

Set the posts, set the neck, checked the action, set the trem for no float....

IMG_6621.jpg

Started installing pups and wiring...

IMG_6623.jpg

VOULALAAAA!!! Fin......

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

Looks great, good job Brent. What pups did you install? The singles look like Duncan Quarter Pounders.

Neck pitch and fretboard okay?

Very nice job, especially with the soldering.

thanks!

the neck seemed to be ok...it hasnt seen strings in many years, maybe never? The action is MED, i'm gonna wait and see how it settles in, maybe a small neck shim will be in order? I adjusted the truss rod to take out what i thought was too much bow out of the neck. It straighted up pretty good, but tomorrow it will probably have moved some more.

Frets are untouched, fretboard was clean and smooth.

Which one is the H162? Can't remember the body style. Shoot, can't remember my own name sometimes. Or what I was do ................ :rolleyes_mini:

i Resemble that Remark.. :icon_cyclops:

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

Put on some tuners and a 5-way and some pots...

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

Set the posts, set the neck, checked the action, set the trem for no float....

IMG_6621.jpg

Started installing pups and wiring...

IMG_6623.jpg

VOULALAAAA!!! Fin......

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

Lokks nice Brentster!! Crank it up!!

Thanks guys!

I am really gaining confidence in my wiring and my tech skills. The pics dont show it, but the body is COMPLETELY checked up, front to back, top to bottom....but it adds character! With an almost 24 yr old nitro finish, i would think that would be expected....especially since this guitar was probably mis-handeled, mis-treated, like a red-headed step child over the yrs!!!

Between this and the Chicago Rocker, both orphans, both rejects....i enjoy seeing these "Misfit Toys" of the guitar world, brought back to life!

rudhead1.jpg

Archived