Heritage Owners Club

PINK H 535

koula901

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love my SALMON Kirn Tele (which I am afraid to say has naturally faded to more of tangerine with salmon).

And if I had the cash I would by that ROSE (yes, that is the actually Heritage color definition) 535 and slap a Bigsby on her.

Where is the 50s love for a "Pink Caddy" ?

Pink can be BADA$$!!!!!!!!!

There is a world of difference between salmon and pink. Don't confuse those two. It's like mixing up kilts with a skirt.

Yes. A kilt is a man skirt. It takes a *real* man to wear a skirt.

I absolutely love my SALMON Kirn Tele (which I am afraid to say has naturally faded to more of tangerine with salmon).

And if I had the cash I would by that ROSE (yes, that is the actually Heritage color definition) 535 and slap a Bigsby on her.

Not quite tempting. Elvis had a pink caddie, it's true. But he bought it for his mom.

ElvisPinkCad.jpg

Pink_Cadillac_Convertible.jpgcadillac-pink-1959-series-62-super-stretch-limousine.jpgPink_Cadillac_Escalade.jpg

This man selected the pink guitar off the rack and played it, just like Jay said. I can attest that it happened just that way. I was there!

I don't think anyone doubts that what you're saying is true. I guess it's just a matter of . . . why did he select a "flaming" pink guitar off the rack??

I would never misinterpret that beautiful SALMON colored Tele of yours as pink. I would be a proud owner of that Tele. However . . . .that 535 is PINK . . . with a capital PINK!!! I don't care what Heritage chooses to call it. It's pink. It's girlish pink to boot!!! It's a great guitar for a guy to use on stage during breast cancer awareness month. Other than that . . . . it's just sissy pink.

I don't think anyone doubts that what you're saying is true. I guess it's just a matter of . . . why did he select a "flaming" pink guitar off the rack??

Because when you are this man, you can walk into a room full of guitars and find the most toneful one of all by some uncanny 6th sense I don't possess:

:icon_thumright:

dan

post-212-015343000 1295664473_thumb.jpg

Because when you are this man, you can walk into a room full of guitars and find the most toneful one of all by some uncanny 6th sense I don't possess:

:icon_thumright:

dan

If his brother Phil ever saw him playing anything that even looked like it might be a pink guitar . . . he'd slap the sh** out of him. "don't no Aussies play no damn woosy lookin' pink guitars!!!"

If it had been done, and I had the dough to plunk down at the moment, I might have been persuaded to pick this beauty up. I took this pic up on the third floor of the Heritage building at PSPIII. C'mon, Patrick, you know you love it..

PSPIII089.jpg

PSPIII088-1.jpg

My wifes car has pink striping on it. Pale pink, 3/4", understated and not garish. But in my mind when ever Ive had to drive it the whole car takes on a pink hue and the stripes become 6" wide and deep rich pink. I hate driving it to the point where I just wont.

Even with usually being able to look past the finish of a guitar I do struggle with this pink one. It is pink no two ways about it. Im feeling a bit conflicted. On the one hand Im pretty sure its a rocking guitar, on the other, its really pink. I dont own anything thats pink and thats completely with out putting any thought into it. If I naturally gravitated to pink, I would have other pink items already. After 47yrs of accumulating stuff and not one item that is pink, I can deduce that I have an aversion to pink.

Done. Sorted.

I dont like this pink guitar. I might like the sound of it but I would never play it.

If that pink guitar was opaque black I would have it.

If it had been done, and I had the dough to plunk down at the moment, I might have been persuaded to pick this beauty up. I took this pic up on the third floor of the Heritage building at PSPIII. C'mon, Patrick, you know you love it..

PSPIII089.jpg

I'm looking at the one behind Mr. Pink on the rack.

BTW, here's the scene from Reservoir Dogs where pink is openly discussed among mature men. Adult language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl9yIgDt2Q

I'm looking at the one behind Mr. Pink on the rack.

BTW, here's the scene from Reservoir Dogs where pink is openly discussed among mature men. Adult language warning.

I guess you have to work to see this. Copy and paste the link below and remove "delete" from the beginning.

deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl9yIgDt2Q

That is a excellent Reservoir Dogs clip..

I was going to say that this guitar needs a black pickguard to offset the pink-ishness,

but it turns out that it already has one. I wonder why I didn't notice it the first time....

I remember that the pink one in the finishing room certainly grabbed your attention as you walked by it. The Pepto rocker, indeed.

Archived