Heritage Owners Club

PINK H 535

koula901

I would never misinterpret that beautiful SALMON colored Tele of yours as pink. I would be a proud owner of that Tele. However . . . .that 535 is PINK . . . with a capital PINK!!! I don't care what Heritage chooses to call it. It's pink. It's girlish pink to boot!!! It's a great guitar for a guy to use on stage during breast cancer awareness month. Other than that . . . . it's just sissy pink.

LOL!! Patrick, you crack me up!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that Tommy Emmanuel? I got no problem with him playing anything he wants. He's The Man!

This should be in the "Enough Said Music" thread under Family Tree. WOW!

If it had been done, and I had the dough to plunk down at the moment, I might have been persuaded to pick this beauty up. I took this pic up on the third floor of the Heritage building at PSPIII. C'mon, Patrick, you know you love it..

PSPIII089.jpg

PSPIII088-1.jpg

@ Schundog: you're hysterical! :D

My wifes car has pink striping on it. Pale pink, 3/4", understated and not garish. But in my mind when ever Ive had to drive it the whole car takes on a pink hue and the stripes become 6" wide and deep rich pink. I hate driving it to the point where I just wont.

Even with usually being able to look past the finish of a guitar I do struggle with this pink one. It is pink no two ways about it. Im feeling a bit conflicted. On the one hand Im pretty sure its a rocking guitar, on the other, its really pink. I dont own anything thats pink and thats completely with out putting any thought into it. If I naturally gravitated to pink, I would have other pink items already. After 47yrs of accumulating stuff and not one item that is pink, I can deduce that I have an aversion to pink.

Done. Sorted.

I dont like this pink guitar. I might like the sound of it but I would never play it.

If that pink guitar was opaque black I would have it.

I'm with you, Tully. As was said in The Color Purple: "You sho is ugly!"

This one is my daughters; Definitely not as BAM! as that 535, but there definitely is no mistaking it's pinkness..

abbyguitar0111039.jpg

Well, on a young girl, that's just fine.

I'm looking at the one behind Mr. Pink on the rack.

BTW, here's the scene from Reservoir Dogs where pink is openly discussed among mature men. Adult language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl9yIgDt2Q

Well! That was interesting! The guy assigning colors is definitely suffering from extreme testosterone poisoning. I say, that man needs a pink guitar! Yeah! That'll cure 'em! Because I said so! ; )

Hey, if it floats your boat, go for it. I think I remember when that was on sale over at Wolfe's. I also remember when a guy over at the Hamer fanclub put up his HOT PINK stevie stevens guitar on craigslist. I think the description said something like "This guiter is PINK. And I mean PINK. If you are not a great guitarist do NOT look any further. This is the kind of guitar that will laugh at you if you don't have any skills. Then it will go behind your back and sleep with your wife."

Hey, if it floats your boat, go for it. I think I remember when that was on sale over at Wolfe's. I also remember when a guy over at the Hamer fanclub put up his HOT PINK stevie stevens guitar on craigslist. I think the description said something like "This guiter is PINK. And I mean PINK. If you are not a great guitarist do NOT look any further. This is the kind of guitar that will laugh at you if you don't have any skills. Then it will go behind your back and sleep with your wife."

I'm not naming names, but there probably are some households where it would be easy to talk the wife into THAT purchase.

LOL!! Great story!

This threat is too funny. Please don't let it die. I need something humorous to keep busy between downs of the Jets/Steelers game. Besides I don't think José Feliciano nor Jeff Healey would care about the color of that guitar considering its sound.

By the way nice suit Southpaw. You can play in my band anytime. :icon_thumright:

Damn, SouthpawGuy - I love your purple guitar!

What does ESP stand for?

Thanks koula. ESP guitars, Electric Sound Products I think. Mine was a custom order in 1990 or 91. Yes I ordered it in purple with all gold hardware ! It was loosely based, in my mind anyhow, on Steve Lukathers Valley Arts guitar.

...more pics here if you'd like a look.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/ESP%20S800/

and what kind of pickups?

EMG 89 in the bridge ( two alnico Vs together) with I think an EMG S or SA in the neck and middle. Active and noiseless. When split the humbucker is still noiseless, unlike many others, as it is really a pair of active single coils in the same housing. The mini switch is for combining neck and bridge pickups, push pull on the volume splits the humbucker. Lots of tonal options. That was my main guitar when I gigged at the tail end of the last millennium.

Archived