Heritage Owners Club

Class of '59 Pics

RockingCPA

Hi...

Beautiful guitar and stunning pics... 8)

Any chance of you adding them tour communal photobucket account.

The thread is on here  and I've added an (edited) "How To" from Southpaw

"how to" for Photobucket. Open the link below in a new window.

http://photobucket.com/

1. Login... heritageguitarpics      Password...  heritage150

2.This automatically opens your my documents folder,then select the image you want to upload and double click on it (you may need to navigate to where your pics are stored on your computer)

3.Once it is selected click on UPLOAD

4.When the image is uploaded you will see it in the photobucket profile.

JOB DONE...

5.To insert the image in a post simply find the image in your photobucket profile and directly underneath it click directly on IMG Code

6.Then position your cursor where you want the image in the post and click Ctrl and V on your keyboard

Hope this helps ...

OOPS a little typo in the text.  I wonder what I was thinking about with that Class of "69" line.  hehehehe.

Thanks to SouthpawGuy & cosmikdebriis on the compliments on the pics.  In addition to my CPA practice I have an online store for high-performance auto parts for BMWs and Mini Coopers called Bimmer Performance Store.  I started working on my photography & Photoshop skills in 2005 when I opened the store, because good quality pictures are critical to selling online.  The ONLY sense your customer gets to use to decide to purchase your product is sight.  I really believe I got good deals on this guitar and on my LPR9 because the sellers had just OK pictures.  If the seller had pictures as good as mine above that Class of '59 would probably have gone for more than $1,551. 

HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE PICS:

If there are any professional photographers here, please feel free to comment, but, IMO the MOST important thing about photography is to learn about lighting.  In these pictures I used a Sony Alpha 100 digital SLR with 2 cheap photography lights I bot on eBay for about $75.  The lights are 5500K screw-in fluorescent bulbs with white umbrellas.  I set the umbrellas between the guitar and the bulbs to diffuse the light, as opposed to bouncing the light off the inside of the umbrella, and then worked to position the lights so there would be no reflection.  You can see a little bit of reflection of one one of the umbrellas in the pic of the pickup selector (4th from the top), but hat pic turned out pretty good other than the reflection, so I kept it.  I bot "Digital Photography for Dummies", which was written by a pro photographer/writer that had written a few other photography how-to books.  It is very good and starts with the basics.  One of the more challenging concepts is learning to take pics of shiny objects (like a guitar).  The settings I used on the camera were to change the color temperature to 5500 Kelvin to match the photography lights and then just used the presets for "Portrait" (which gives you a shallow depth of field), and "Macro" (which gives you an even shallower depth of field).  In Photoshop i resized to 800x536 and used the "Curves" feature and just clicked "auto".  The pics were god enough that there was actually very little editing done in Photoshop.  For the most part, it just increased contrast slightly.

Hopefully, sharing this info may help some of you guys that sell your stuff online.  If you know what you're doing, you can get good pics with a point and shoot camera, as well.  Maybe, not as good as with a DSLR, but higher quality pics will help you get more for your items.  Conversely, bad pics will either reduce your selling price or keep it from selling at all.  My philosophy about buying online is I can't touch it, so you BETTER give me some good pictures so I can see it.  Otherwise, I won't buy.

OK...off to play my new guitar.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob

OOPS a little typo in the text.  I wonder what I was thinking about with that Class of "69" line.  hehehehe.

Bob

We know what you were thinking!! BTW, you might want to check out your tag line (sig?). ;)  Are you sure you know what guitar you have??  ;D

We know what you were thinking!! BTW, you might want to check out your tag line (sig?). ;)  Are you sure you know what guitar you have??  ;D

DOH!!  i guess I'd better stop posting and adjusting my signature at 1AM+  :rolleyes:

hehehehe

Bob

Congratulations!!! I love that guitar. If you should ever feel the need to part with it just let me know.I would give up my 555 for that one. The korina back looks great. It should be a little brighter than one with a mahogany back. Enjoy it.

Hi guys,

Well the Class of '59 needed some work.  The frets were absolutely awful and it fretted out all over the place.  I have a feeling the guy that sold it do so because he thought it needed more work than he was willing to pay for.  The goods news is a good friend of mine used to work doing guitar repairs, so he adjusted the truss rod, and levelled and dressed the frets and it is MUCH better. 

With it fretting out all over the place it was really hard to tell what it really sounded like.  Now that it is properly set up, I have a better idea of the sound.  As I was told by Stephan at Ed Roman and another member mentioned, the Korina back and neck definitely seem to make the guitar brighter than my mahogany H-150.  I'm not familiar with the characteristics of the Alnico II Pros, but the Seymour Duncan site says they are mellower and slightly lower output than the S.D '59s that are in the other H-150.  Overall, I'm very happy with the guitar.  I haven't had a guitar with P90s for a long time, but it seems like the sound of this guitar is similar to a LP TV Special I used to have with those pickups.  The neck pickup is sweeeeet and not too bassy.  I might like a '59 a little better in the bridge position.

One little side note.  I usually use D'Addario 10-46 strings on my guitars.  When I got the guitar the strings were kind of dead and all I had was some Everly strings laying around, so I put them on.  When I got the guitar back today I noticed that it played harder than my other H-150.  I had picked up a few set of the D'Addarios and I restrung with them.  WHOA!! What a huge difference.  It's amazing the difference in the tension of the strings from one brand to another.  I had found the same thing with DR Strings, too.  DR's last a long time, but they feel really stiff on the guitar.  I guess I'm a D'Addario guy for life.  ;D

some people dont realize that a little truss rod/bridge adj and a little fret work can make a works of difference!  they just sell the guitar and move on instead of trying to get it fixed

i'm glad it is working out for you.

Archived