Heritage Owners Club

Concert to get a new voice

Gitfiddler

After scoring a killer EBay deal on a very nice 80's Fender Concert (single 12 model) late last year, I've been pining to improve its speaker. It came with a very efficient, but midrangey Crate (most likely low end Eminence) speaker.

I just ordered a brand new Jensen C12N Vintage Series speaker for it and can't wait to drop it in. Hopefully the break-in period won't be too long.

Do any of you have experience with these 50 watt rated C12N's in an amp running at about 60 watts RMS?

post-8-014801400 1297730927_thumb.jpg

I had one of the new italian jensen 12's & found it was very bright with almost no low end, I returned it

however I just got some of the MOD series, they sound ok in 10" size, still seem bright though

I've had great results with an eminence red fang, in 1x12 combos

celestion gold was a bit more raucous sounding, cranked, but loses a bit of bass

I also had a 12" weber C12n ( I think? ) that was a fantastic speaker...it was in a DC30 clone

I've heard mostly good and a few not so great reviews on the Jensen, but it should be an upgrade to the Crate. The C12N's do sound great in Blues Jr.'s, but it is way too much speaker for such a low powered amp. We'll see how she sounds being cranked by two 6L6's and an angry H157. :icon_thumleft:

Do you always run your concert using the 2nd input? I only ever use the 1st. Best upgrade I ever did for my concert was to replace the speaker or convert it into a head and run it through different cabs. I still have the original tubes that came with the amp from manufacture. Theyre all still good.

Do you always run your concert using the 2nd input? I only ever use the 1st. Best upgrade I ever did for my concert was to replace the speaker or convert it into a head and run it through different cabs. I still have the original tubes that came with the amp from manufacture. Theyre all still good.

Good eye, Tully!

Input #2 is lower impedance than #1 so volume is lower for playing at home. The interesting thing about this amp is that each input has a slightly different sound as well as volume level. All are pretty sweet...just different.

Archived