Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Headstock--Bound or Unbound?

Gitfiddler

Headstock Bound or Unbound?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay extra if Heritage offered bound headstocks as standard?

• Leave the headstock as is on all models
    • Offer a discount for Unbound headstocks
    • Offer a minimal upcharge for bound headstocks

Steiner, I can see why you would have binding on your guitars as you have photographed here, so I must concede that with certain guitars my opinion was incorrect in my post.

Hfan, your technical knowledge is beyond my simple definition!

Steiner, I can see why you would have binding on your guitars as you have photographed here, so I must concede that with certain guitars my opinion was incorrect in my post.

+1 I must admit I am a plain and simple kind of guy but Stiener's and FredZepps's photos are just plain marvelous. Enough to make me change my mind. I too must concede that certain guitars are much prettier with the binding. Just gorgeous! :love10:

Thank you Mark555. The Golden Eagle is standard issue. The 575 headstock is Mr. Lamb's brainchild. I just sat back and let the professionals do their job :icon_thumright:

bound or unbound? depends. creme or white binding? single or multi-ply? And, when there is binding on the headstock, some are with mop diamond, or without. On my Millie DC it is multi-ply white/black on the body, single white on the headstock and neck WITH a MOP diamond and 'the Heritage'. On my Millie DC, the same except no diamond MOP inlay. bottom line? the choices are just about unlimited.

I would have to say that my favorite binding is the creme binding on the H150CMs and H535s. It really ages nicely and tones in well with the finish.

On the other hand, a H535 with dot inlays and rosewood fretboard begs to be left unbound on the neck, same for the H137.

choices choices choices. just when you fall in love with one you find another one with different appointments catches your eye.. aka Lovin Spoonful Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind

I can love em all, just depends.

Archived