Heritage Owners Club

Not so happy new guitar day

big bob

So..... I bought this guitar off ebay... I was really excited as it was a SAE Custom 1992 semi hollow 140 size Florentine cutaway.. Rocken!!!

well she gets here and I open up the package, 1st thing I notice is a lot of worming and dents. No biggie, I'm good with the finish and wet sanding.. then I notice the electronics are all changed, no more vip and a disconnected peizo.. Oh well I can re wire her... Yea baby. then I notice this

002.jpg

It's going back... Damn.. I've been looking a long time for an SAE

good news is the seller has been super good about everything, seems like a nice guy.

I'll know in a couple days.

Man, that is a shame Lance. I don't know why the seller wouldn't have disclosed that, I guess he thought the purchaser wouldn't notice? pfft! It's good that he is going to work it out with you though, that always restores my confidence.

Man, that is a shame Lance. I don't know why the seller wouldn't have disclosed that, I guess he thought the purchaser wouldn't notice? pfft! It's good that he is going to work it out with you though, that always restores my confidence.

I don't think he knew it was there. Maybe he just thought I would not notice. it has glue in it so it was not an in shipping thing.

Oh well back on the hunt. The size and feel were perfect..

Lance, maybe he can make a price 'adjustment' and you keep it? I have a repair just like that on my HFT445 and the thing stays in tune better than the ones that are whole. Sure, takes away value but doesn't mean it is a bad player..FWIW.

Ahh, so you got that one. I was interested in that , but ended up not bidding on it.

Shouldn't be a problem to return, he stated in the listing...

Q: what is the condition of this guitar. Is the neck straight, any breaks, cracks or deep gouges. How about fret wear? what type of wood is the back made of? Thanks Feb-16-11

A: Neck is good, no problems. The frets are good and have plenty of life in them. There are no cracks or deep gouges. There are minor knicks and scratches, bt mostly on the back and they are very minor.

edit:... good idea, chico.. make an offer to keep it.

I think you should see about a little cash back. It doesn't look that bad.

I like the guitar.. but the issues certainly change the value a decent amount...

1) a lot of worming and dents.

2) the electronics are all changed, no more vip and a disconnected peizo.

3) repaired headstock break

Bummer... Hopefully this fills up your quota of bad karma for the foreseeable future, and everything else goes good from now on. Well.. lets hope anyway.

I've had a whole lot of great Karma this year.. this guitar is no biggie... I'm a real lucky guy. A wonderful wife, two great kids, a great job new this year after a long under-employment. no streak of bad karma here..

I've had a whole lot of great Karma this year.. this guitar is no biggie... I'm a real lucky guy. A wonderful wife, two great kids, a great job new this year after a long under-employment. no streak of bad karma here..

Great attitude. Good for you man. Anyone that has the beautiful stable of guitars the you do has no reason to complain .. . about anything. Send it back, find another and move on. Life goes on.

coup-fourré! You get to try the guitar, assess its merits, and then decide to return or negotiate a better deal. You win! Congrats B2!

im sorry to hear that lance...that SAE came from the same guy i bought the ES 175 from, i'm really surprised he wasnt fourthcoming in his ebay ad about that stuff...at least you are getting your $$$ back

Archived