Heritage Owners Club

Another Convert maybe?

smurph1

I have a friend who is just an unbelievable guitar talent, who is like a Savant..Any song you can name he has instant re-call..He'll play it from memory..We had a beer drinking noise making gathering on Saturday night, and we were playing old Dave Clark 5 and Beau Brummels tunes from the 60's..Sorry you young-uns I'm ancient..But i mentioned this really obscure song from around 66 or 67 by "The Cyrkle" called "Red Rubber Ball"..and i'll be damned if not only did he know the chords, but THE LYRICS TOO..I about pooped myself..I tell you all that to tell you this..He Loves Gretsch guitars and has 2 models he wants to get..A Tennessean and something else, but after about an hour of playing my 535..he says "Well maybe I'll get one Gretsch and ONE HERITAGE" Hail to Parsons Street!!

I have a friend who is just an unbelievable guitar talent, who is like a Savant..Any song you can name he has instant re-call..He'll play it from memory..We had a beer drinking noise making gathering on Saturday night, and we were playing old Dave Clark 5 and Beau Brummels tunes from the 60's..Sorry you young-uns I'm ancient..But i mentioned this really obscure song from around 66 or 67 by "The Cyrkle" called "Red Rubber Ball"..and i'll be damned if not only did he know the chords, but THE LYRICS TOO..I about pooped myself..I tell you all that to tell you this..He Loves Gretsch guitars and has 2 models he wants to get..A Tennessean and something else, but after about an hour of playing my 535..he says "Well maybe I'll get one Gretsch and ONE HERITAGE" Hail to Parsons Street!!

I wouldn't mind if you bid me farewell. There's a lesson to be learned from this. And I learned it very well

One of my favs from waaaaaaayyyyy back when. The bass line kills in that song.

One of my favs from waaaaaaayyyyy back when. The bass line kills in that song.

Yeppy..Great Summertime Song..

I fear I suffer from the opposite condition of your fortunate friend.

I fear I suffer from the opposite condition of your fortunate friend.

Me too..some days I can't even remember my own name.. :icon_biggrin:

Hey, depending on what he is wanting. I might be moved to sell mine when I am done with it. ;)

LOL..I'll mention that to him..

"I should have known you'd bid me farewell. There's lesson to be learned from this, and I've learned it very well...." Right up there with Come On Down to My Boat, Baby as a pop confection.

Sorry, Kenny. Didn't see you'd posted lyrics.... That came immediately to mind, and I was excited. Not much comes immediately to mind anymore....

"I should have known you'd bid me farewell. There's lesson to be learned from this, and I've learned it very well...." Right up there with Come On Down to My Boat, Baby as a pop confection.

Sorry, Kenny. Didn't see you'd posted lyrics.... That came immediately to mind, and I was excited. Not much comes immediately to mind anymore....

I loved Come On Down. I was in the hospital with appendicitis. It's the one song that played over and over. And for whatever reason, I liked it. That was before I listened to Uriah Heep Demons and Wizards or Jefferson Starship (original group) Blows Against the Empire. :hippy2:

But i mentioned this really obscure song from around 66 or 67 by "The Cyrkle" called "Red Rubber Ball"..and i'll be damned if not only did he know the chords, but THE LYRICS TOO..

Sorry, but Red Rubber Ball is NOT an obscure song. :smile_mini2: What is obscure is that it was cowritten by Paul Simon. I've heard Simon and Garfunkle do it as well. I think Gary Lewis and the Playboys may have covered it.

GREAT song. Want to do it at PSP? (I play it in C)

Sorry, but Red Rubber Ball is NOT an obscure song. :smile_mini2: What is obscure is that it was cowritten by Paul Simon. I've heard Simon and Garfunkle do it as well. I think Gary Lewis and the Playboys may have covered it.

GREAT song. Want to do it at PSP? (I play it in C)

that would be cool..you wanna sing? :icon_biggrin:

Of the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most. Great song though, I remember that... my fair red rubber ball.

I had a few guys over for a jam Monday night, and two guys that are great lead guitar players stuck around in the ManCave to talk for a while with me. I was showing one of them who had never been over, some of my Heritages. First, he was playing my 137, and was goofy grinning over it, then I said, let me show you my Hollow body with the Lollar Pickups, meaning my 525. They were both plugged in, quiet and clean as my kids were in bed, and started playing off of the other guy's rhythm pattern, back and forth. After about 3 minutes, the new guy looked up, like out of a trance, and said, somewhat surprisedly, "Man, I think I like your Heritages better than Gibsons!" I nodded, "Me too." The other guy, who has played my Heritages before commented on how he loves the neck on them the most. Both of these guys have Tom Anderson "SuperStrat" type guitars, and they are very nice, to be sure. But I would be willing to bet if either of them were in the market for a set neck dual humbucker guitar, they would certainly consider a Heritage.

Archived