Heritage Owners Club

Pedals

I always try to find a pedal used, usually its about 30% to 40% cheaper. You can find the OCD for about $80 or less if you look.

Agreed, in some instances. I got my OCD used. From a salesdude at GC. But not from GC. :rolleyes_mini:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always try to find a pedal used, usually its about 30% to 40% cheaper. You can find the OCD for about $80 or less if you look.

I've been accumulating used pedals to try stuff out as well as a used multi effects unit. They seem common on CL usually at a low price.

How many of you guys that use lots of pedals are doing so on an amp with no effects loop. I'm assuming noise is an issue? Are noise suppressors worth it?

Agreed, in some instances. I got my OCD used. From a salesdude at GC. But not from GC. :rolleyes_mini:

Sometimes I swear those guys snag up the used gear and turn around and sell it for a profit. They had a Blackstar amp that was brought in on a Sunday and as soon as they opened on Monday it was already gone... Makes you wonder about those guys...

Got the Green Screamer last night. Uh ....... another TS808 clone. It'll be good for the home music room. Don't think it's pedal board worthy. Well, not for me. What did you request?

I got the Soul Vibe. It's the closest thing to a chorus pedal they had (which it isn't but I can get a funky clean sound or do a spacey vintage Robin Trower/Hendrix thing without using it to JUST push the amp). I already have a compressor I don't use (but might revisit), I'm hoping to find the OCD so did not totally NEED another overdrive (although a GOOD TS808 might be worth owning from what I've gathered for a different overdrive), and nothing else seemed really all that exciting. It's still pretty cool, and I think I can get some use out of the Soul Vibe.

Yeah, I got the OCD as a closet queen off of eBay. So I was not out all THAT much, but still. I would rather just find the thing. If I have to, I'll wait until a nice one pops up on eBay.

But koula901's right, Fulltone stuff is pricey new.

Koula, I find that when I'm logged in to Facebook and search for "Pete Donaldson Blues Band" it takes me to the page. Give that a try if you're on Facebook. Failing that, I'll have to find another way to access the video.

There should be a picture of the pedals attached to my post...

Here's the link again - I've tried it when not signed in and it seems to work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pete-Donaldson-Blues-Band/163762693673283

seems like the right place to ask this question.

Wah Pedals.

I've only use a cheap substitute(volume as expression, through a cheap muli-effects box), and I want a quality version.

Have any of you used both a Dunlop Hendrix as well as a Crybaby and or Vox, and can you comment/give an opinion on the advantages or disadvantages? I've got a lead on a cheap Hendrix, in excellent condition, from a seller I know and trust, but if the sound is not what I want, than a good deal is still a waste of money.

seems like the right place to ask this question.

Wah Pedals.

I've only use a cheap substitute(volume as expression, through a cheap muli-effects box), and I want a quality version.

Have any of you used both a Dunlop Hendrix as well as a Crybaby and or Vox, and can you comment/give an opinion on the advantages or disadvantages? I've got a lead on a cheap Hendrix, in excellent condition, from a seller I know and trust, but if the sound is not what I want, than a good deal is still a waste of money.

I had a digitech RP350 a couple years ago and loved the wah effect it had. From there, I bought a used Crybaby 95 which was a total piece of junk. I had to replace the entire circuit board because it was total junk. Then I bought a used Crybaby 595q, another piece of junk. A month or so ago, I tried a used Thomas Organ Co. Crybaby from the 70's, it needed a new pot. Ended up with a Crybaby Classic (new). Ended up being the best wah I've demo'd that's why I bought it. Wah pedals are the only ones I wouldn't purchase new.

Koula, I find that when I'm logged in to Facebook and search for "Pete Donaldson Blues Band" it takes me to the page. Give that a try if you're on Facebook. Failing that, I'll have to find another way to access the video.

There should be a picture of the pedals attached to my post...

Hi Bobby

Went to your facebook page and listened to the band. Real good! : ) That must be you with the gold top, could barely see pedals. Didn't see a sound clip but the vid had sound, was the sound through the vid camera or the H4?

Back in the day I had one of these and a cry baby. Was about all there was. And for a tuner I had a tuning fork. With all the choices out there today the tone search can be endless I suppose. Seriously, I've been buying various pedals used on craigs list, tend to play around with them for a day or two and then start playing clean through my amp again with a little reverb. They are a blast though. One day I will put together a proper set up.

univox-superfuzz-orange-top.jpg[/img]

Ah yes, I remember those days!

Check out this "wah" pedal.

Chi Wah Wah

cimg0162.jpg

Tulk,

Do you own this pedal?? How do you like it? My interest is piqued as it is spring-loaded and I've been searching high and low for such a wah pedal, plus, I love the fact that it's small. Price?

Got the Green Screamer last night. Uh ....... another TS808 clone. It'll be good for the home music room. Don't think it's pedal board worthy. Well, not for me. What did you request?

Have you tried the Green Screamer before another od pedal ? It's a great pedal to soup up another over drive unit. I use it before a Zendrive with the gain on both fairly low at about 9 o'clock, individually they sound fine but with both on the sound is fantastic.

Here's the link again - I've tried it when not signed in and it seems to work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pete-Donaldson-Blues-Band/163762693673283

: ) Okay - that worked quite well, and was able to read that the sound was done with H4 - that is REALLY good! H4 is it for me.

Have you tried the Green Screamer before another od pedal ? It's a great pedal to soup up another over drive unit. I use it before a Zendrive with the gain on both fairly low at about 9 o'clock, individually they sound fine but with both on the sound is fantastic.

Paul, I just got it yesterday. Had about 45 minutes with it. It was from ......... you know who for you know what! :rolleyes_mini: I've got it hooked up as my rehearsal at home pedal right now. Doesn't sound too bad when there is other music going on. I may drag it down to rehearsal Thurs and try it with the band.

Paul, I just got it yesterday. Had about 45 minutes with it. It was from ......... you know who for you know what! :rolleyes_mini: I've got it hooked up as my rehearsal at home pedal right now. Doesn't sound too bad when there is other music going on. I may drag it down to rehearsal Thurs and try it with the band.

I've heard that some guys use the Green Screamer as a clean boost, I found it to have no "clean" ability at all, and the highest gain setting is still fairly mild but like I said, place it before another od pedal and then the fun begins.

I received a Soul Vibe last week, from you know who for you know what ( ! ), another nice pedal. I was expecting it to be a one sound, almost a "novelty" type pedal but I'm getting some great tones both clean and when used with od. BBE make some good gear and it's not at all expensive compared to the boutique stuff.

Do you own this pedal?? How do you like it? My interest is piqued as it is spring-loaded and I've been searching high and low for such a wah pedal, plus, I love the fact that it's small. Price?

I have the same questions. VERY cool looking unit, and the article on that page can't say enough good things about it.

This page indicates it can be had, in black, for $189.00

http://plutoneium.wordpress.com/buy/

Archived