Heritage Owners Club

getting closer

big bob

Did the Bigsby require any rim drilling?

Hey, you don't see that pup configuration every day! What cha got there?

The pups are a super hot set from rio-grande, (16k)crunch box in the bridge, (12k)fat bastard single mid, and a (9k) Texas humbucker for the neck. will use a variation of the frampton wiring only will probably have the mid on a push pull instead of always on.

Did the middle pickup ring require a lot of sanding or is it at the same height as the bridge?

Not the same height, but came with the guitar so I did not have to sand.

The pups are a super hot set from rio-grande, (16k)crunch box in the bridge, (12k)fat bastard single mid, and a (9k) Texas humbucker for the neck. will use a variation of the frampton wiring only will probably have the mid on a push pull instead of always on.

Not the same height, but came with the guitar so I did not have to sand.

I think you will like the Rios. I have the Texas/BBQ in my Goldtop.

Thats going to have an astounding tone repertoire :o

I think I can hear it now... My, what a lot of pickups you have there, what better to play you with. There must be a pickup line here somewhere.

So, a guitar walks in to a bar..., sits down on a bar stool next to a pretty Jazz box and says, "can I show you something I'm very proud of"?

• 3 weeks later...

So... how's this going?

I gotta admit, I just watched my Sleep Walk video with me playing this guitar... and I missed it. :(

very well I took some time off for spring break out west with the kids. We went skiing, well the old folks did, the kids snow boarding.Then we all shot skeet... then we flew my dads planes.. it was too wet for the hot rods, but fun working on them.. then home ..as for the 140, The finish is quite close to done, no dents, no dings, no rash.. but I'm waiting on parts.. so

Time for a what would you do.. The guitar has 4 control routs. I'm starting to think

one pot master volume,

one pot master tone,

one push pull pot volume for mid/ on off for the mid

and one pot a kill button (think bucket head) the set up would be wired like a 150 for the bridge /neck

mid on a push/pull on off

controls

master volume for bridge/neck,

master tone for all

volume for mid, also a push pull for mid on/off

kill switch ala bucket head

any way pics

046.jpg046.jpg044.jpg

038.jpg

cool plane!

On the electronics, makes my head spin, how can you figure all that ! : ) Anyway, it looks like you'll end up with a zillion tonal possibilities! Will be a great guitar!

that is the most awesome bigsby of all. i don't know why it isn't more popular. it took me forever to find one in gold. i cannot wait for this project to be over. the shade of blue is lovely and i'm curious.

Archived