Heritage Owners Club

You may not have heard me say this....

JeffB

Also violin customers who have played for years and expect me to change a string at a moments notice when they break one.

It takes some time to find a cat, gut it, sever off a strand of intestine to dry, and then string it. Some people just don't understand. ;p

Suckaaah! Why you waste yo money on dat crap fo? Boutique guitars deserve boutique amps. :aggressive_mini:

you right..I just wish I had boutique dollars..

I HATE BUGERA!!!

I refuse to deal with them.

Its over for good

Did I miss something? I thought you were already divorced from Bugera the first time. Did you kiss and make up after that?

you right..I just wish I had boutique dollars..

Word!!

Don't leave us guessing.

Please!! If you could tell us what's up, or put links to previous threads that tell the story.

*gulp* I just brought a V22 home today!

Why? Because a professional gigging Blues musician I know couldn't recommend it highly enough. After fifteen years with handwired or otherwise vintage tube amps, they've all been retired and a V22 is his workhorse, because, A: the sound and B: it's been trouble free for over a year! (we're talking 3 deafening gigs a week for over a year)

Guess I won't bother with my NAD thread!

(for the record, I paid 200 + tax, a huge factor in my decision...at 350, I was just gonna get a BJr)

Word!!

Please!! If you could tell us what's up, or put links to previous threads that tell the story.

*gulp* I just brought a V22 home today!

Why? Because a professional gigging Blues musician I know couldn't recommend it highly enough. After fifteen years with handwired or otherwise vintage tube amps, they've all been retired and a V22 is his workhorse, because, A: the sound and B: it's been trouble free for over a year! (we're talking 3 deafening gigs a week for over a year)

Guess I won't bother with my NAD thread!

(for the record, I paid 200 + tax, a huge factor in my decision...at 350, I was just gonna get a BJr)

I can agree the tone of the amps and the price are awesome. However, I had a V22 for three weeks when I finally started playing it for an hour and the reverb just quit. I returned it. I know that Robert from Dolphinstreet.com recommends them and also used them for over a year. But I found the best source for info on the amps is to go to youtube, find people who are not professional gear demo'ers and ask them what they think of the amp after they keep it for awhile. I found about 1/2 had them for well over a year with no problems and the others had problems with more than one unit a piece. So its really a crap shoot. My best guess would be make sure you ask for extended coverage just to be sure the amp will last. Another great unit for not a lot of money is a Peavey Valveking 112 (used) for about $200. I just got rid of mine because I'm not a gigging musician and really wanted a fender DRRI amp.

Ok, without naming names. Dont know who reads the web...... oh everybody.

Just say your job was to hang doors and everybody you hang doors for could choose their own hinges.

There was a big market for door hangers and you were busy all the time.

But there was one particular door hinge that required you to go back often to do maintenance to the door and often resulted in replacing the shonky hinge.

So much of your time was taken up going back and maintaining the crap hinges that it cut into the time you were able to spend hanging the doors of new customers.

Even when you suggested alternate hinges to customers and put it in no uncertain terms that the crap hinge they desired would likely fail, they were still amazed that it did and angered that it would. Their dissatisfaction despite all your efforts to rectify the faulty hinge was evident, and as you were their reference point, you had to become the punching bag for their dissatisfaction while all the while trying to remain positive and helpful.

The company who manufactured, distributed and handled the warranty of the hinge, had a propensity for elusiveness which further took up your time and ability to rectify the problem. which in turn lead to more time of being unable to hang doors while you smiled politely while being used as a punching bag.

You decide no more brand x crap hinges, but customers have been watching youtube and reading reviews on the internet and the net does not lie. There are people they have never met that think the crap hinge is the best value hinge on the market and quite often surpasses more expensive hinges. These reviewers cant be wrong. They are on youtube which is kind of like television. The net speaks with authority and absolute truth. The anecdotal evidence layed out on the web for all to read is that this crap hinge performs like a far more expensive hinge.

Mean while, you spend your time repairing or exchanging broken hinges and placating customers for a corporation that does not care about your efforts and does nothing to change the crap design or crap parts used in their crap hinges.

The crap hinge is just that, a crap hinge. Its made by a crap company who will knowingly continue making crap hinges as long they can get away with it. Which by my reckoning, based on human nature and a desire for a cheap hinge that promises the same performance as an expensive hinge, will be for a long time.

Just dont ask me to change a violin string for you after Ive been fixing crap hinge problems. A twelve year old kid can change a whole set of guitar strings without too much problem. Why cant you change one violin string at your age and ability.

Hope this clears things up.

I'm not a gigging musician and really wanted a fender DRRI amp.

DB, I think we have some common ground when it comes to tone. That's the amp for me. But until I can swing it, I wanted to get into a "real" amp, i.e: a two channel tube amp that moves serious air, which, regardless of country of origin, or quality, the V22 qualifies.

Crapshoot just may be the term here. I'm familiar with the consensus that quality is a problem, but most of what I heard was that

A) the stock tubes are lacking (easily swapped out)

B) the footswitch is crap

c) the standby switch fades slowly

The guy I'm referring too (I am aware of Roberts opinion) had this to say,

The only issues these have had have been poor tubes from the factory and a real cheap fix of adding a heat sync to a problematic relay that got hot and switched channels by itself. Neither of those is a big deal.

To some degree it's relative....knowing this going in, my reaction to failure in that regard will be a shrug and a repair, if I'm not proactive on both counts. If I had simply ponied up for the amp based on my own superstore exposure, and had failure, I'd probably be pretty perplexed and pissed off.

A guy I took lessons from has a 63 DR with a Weber that is just awesome. The DRRI is think is all I'll need, should I manage to land one. I actually went to that sale the other day, hoping to find one for sale, no dice, grabbed this amp on consignment instead. Again, dirt cheap, no warranty, and informed. Still love to know what Tully has experienced.

Completely. Sounds miserable. I'd be telling customers that hinge is no longer available.

You're kinda freakin' me out tully, I've been selling hinges and doors for the last three years. no sh*t.

I do want to clarify though, my referral isn't a youtube poster, but a pro, gigging a V22 a couple times a week with great success, AFTER MAKING SOME MODS, for a year and a half.

I guess in this way you could compare it to an off road rig, nothing comes from the dealership truly ready for rockcrawling, but some trucks make for more affordable/reliable platforms than others to build your beast.

Thanks for the response.

An incorrectly hung door is a bother every time you use it but easily forgotten as soon as you have finished using it.

A door that is not hinged and hung is a big piece of wood leaning against the wall. Be a well hung door and let that door swing.

Perhaps the violin string can be used to redesign the poorly designed and problematic door hinges?

If the addition of a heat sink resolved the problem then I suppose there is an excessive heat condition within the amp which could hose up various components. Sounds like a small pc type fan might help. Also sounds like a design weakness.

Ok, without naming names. Dont know who reads the web...... oh everybody.

Just say your job was to hang doors and everybody you hang doors for could choose their own hinges.

There was a big market for door hangers and you were busy all the time.

But there was one particular door hinge that required you to go back often to do maintenance to the door and often resulted in replacing the shonky hinge.

So much of your time was taken up going back and maintaining the crap hinges that it cut into the time you were able to spend hanging the doors of new customers.

Even when you suggested alternate hinges to customers and put it in no uncertain terms that the crap hinge they desired would likely fail, they were still amazed that it did and angered that it would. Their dissatisfaction despite all your efforts to rectify the faulty hinge was evident, and as you were their reference point, you had to become the punching bag for their dissatisfaction while all the while trying to remain positive and helpful.

The company who manufactured, distributed and handled the warranty of the hinge, had a propensity for elusiveness which further took up your time and ability to rectify the problem. which in turn lead to more time of being unable to hang doors while you smiled politely while being used as a punching bag.

You decide no more brand x crap hinges, but customers have been watching youtube and reading reviews on the internet and the net does not lie. There are people they have never met that think the crap hinge is the best value hinge on the market and quite often surpasses more expensive hinges. These reviewers cant be wrong. They are on youtube which is kind of like television. The net speaks with authority and absolute truth. The anecdotal evidence layed out on the web for all to read is that this crap hinge performs like a far more expensive hinge.

Mean while, you spend your time repairing or exchanging broken hinges and placating customers for a corporation that does not care about your efforts and does nothing to change the crap design or crap parts used in their crap hinges.

The crap hinge is just that, a crap hinge. Its made by a crap company who will knowingly continue making crap hinges as long they can get away with it. Which by my reckoning, based on human nature and a desire for a cheap hinge that promises the same performance as an expensive hinge, will be for a long time.

Just dont ask me to change a violin string for you after Ive been fixing crap hinge problems. A twelve year old kid can change a whole set of guitar strings without too much problem. Why cant you change one violin string at your age and ability.

So what are you offering to them as an alternative "hing" that is compairable?

DB, I think we have some common ground when it comes to tone. That's the amp for me. But until I can swing it, I wanted to get into a "real" amp, i.e: a two channel tube amp that moves serious air, which, regardless of country of origin, or quality, the V22 qualifies.

Crapshoot just may be the term here. I'm familiar with the consensus that quality is a problem, but most of what I heard was that

A) the stock tubes are lacking (easily swapped out)

B) the footswitch is crap

c) the standby switch fades slowly

The guy I'm referring too (I am aware of Roberts opinion) had this to say,

The only issues these have had have been poor tubes from the factory and a real cheap fix of adding a heat sync to a problematic relay that got hot and switched channels by itself. Neither of those is a big deal.

To some degree it's relative....knowing this going in, my reaction to failure in that regard will be a shrug and a repair, if I'm not proactive on both counts. If I had simply ponied up for the amp based on my own superstore exposure, and had failure, I'd probably be pretty perplexed and pissed off.

A guy I took lessons from has a 63 DR with a Weber that is just awesome. The DRRI is think is all I'll need, should I manage to land one. I actually went to that sale the other day, hoping to find one for sale, no dice, grabbed this amp on consignment instead. Again, dirt cheap, no warranty, and informed. Still love to know what Tully has experienced.

Why don't you PM KBP810, he can make your dream of a DRRI much easier. My DRRI is actually a KBP810 clone, but made to the specs of the original 1965 model. Because its hand wired its actually easier to fix then a PCB board amp like a Bugera and a DRRI. Just a thought!

Update.

So nothing has changed except I think my utter hate for Bugera has risen to a new height, or, sunk to a new low. I dont think it can go any further. It is complete.

Not just the amps but the company as well.

• 6 months later...

Well, she failed.

Yup, started with this erratic popping. The sound is all there, all controls function properly, but there is this popping noise I can't lose.

I ordered a set of JJ's, hoping that would solve the problem. It did not. It's gone to the tech. Told him not to spend ANY money without talking to me first, just not worth it. KPB810 will get any significant cash that needs to spent on a tube/combo, not a repair for a Buggy.

Tully, not to put salt in the wound, or address Bugera as a brand, but does this problem sound familiar, and do you know what if could be? KPB810? Thoughts?

Guest HRB853370

Update.

So nothing has changed except I think my utter hate for Bugera has risen to a new height, or, sunk to a new low. I dont think it can go any further. It is complete.

Not just the amps but the company as well.

Could be worse! Could be BEHRINGER instead of Brugera.

Could be worse! Could be BEHRINGER instead of Brugera.

Bugera is made by... drum roll please... Behringer!!! ;)

Popping noise can be a few things... if the popping only occurs while playing, I would say likely a bad component connection somewhere - where as it is making a connection while idle, but once the cab is vibrating from the speaker the connection goes flaky. If it's constant, playing or not, my first guess would be a coupling cap is on it's way out.

Archived