Heritage Owners Club

You may not have heard me say this....

JeffB

LOL! Burgera is a Behringer product... Ordering a KBP810 is one amp you'll never regret!

Yep, trust me DB, that DRRI remains on my list. If this repair runs into any money....I may just be planning a christmas gift for myself instead....

Still, it ain't free, and I just blew more than my annual gear allowance on a handmade acoustic. Timing, as they say, is everything.

Well, she failed.

Yup, started with this erratic popping. The sound is all there, all controls function properly, but there is this popping noise I can't lose.

I ordered a set of JJ's, hoping that would solve the problem. It did not. It's gone to the tech. Told him not to spend ANY money without talking to me first, just not worth it. KPB810 will get any significant cash that needs to spent on a tube/combo, not a repair for a Buggy.

Tully, not to put salt in the wound, or address Bugera as a brand, but does this problem sound familiar, and do you know what if could be? KPB810? Thoughts?

Bugera is made by... drum roll please... Behringer!!! ;)

Popping noise can be a few things... if the popping only occurs while playing, I would say likely a bad component connection somewhere - where as it is making a connection while idle, but once the cab is vibrating from the speaker the connection goes flaky. If it's constant, playing or not, my first guess would be a coupling cap is on it's way out.

Sorry to hear that.

Yes this does sound familiar. Thanks for dredging up my past a flaunting the nightmare in front of me.

We rid our selves of all things Behringer apart from their cheap little DI box.

I think KPB810 nailed it about the coupling cap. Sounds like its not coupling very well. ba boom tish. Really could be anything. The hydrossalizer may have failed or the little black cylindrical shaped thing with the silver words on the side might have let a nasty spike through to the orange things that look like acid tabs and the amp is having flashbacks.

Hope this helps.

Think your plan to get (KPB810 spam alert) a hand made KPB810 amp would be a great idea. Something to really enjoy.

I have never heard or seen one of his amps in person but I was right about the Bugera failing and I had never seen or heard yours before it did so I think my recommendation is pretty sound. (shakes head,sigh's and face palm's at last sentence)

The thing with the Bugera is that it could be any little thing and may not cost a lot to fix and once it has been fixed that part probably wont break down again, but something else might....and that might not be expensive to fix and that part probably wont break down again, but something else might....and.....

Popping noise can be a few things... if the popping only occurs while playing, I would say likely a bad component connection somewhere - where as it is making a connection while idle, but once the cab is vibrating from the speaker the connection goes flaky. If it's constant, playing or not, my first guess would be a coupling cap is on it's way out.

Sorry to hear that.

Yes this does sound familiar. Thanks for dredging up my past a flaunting the nightmare in front of me.

We rid our selves of all things Behringer apart from their cheap little DI box.

I think KPB810 nailed it about the coupling cap. Sounds like its not coupling very well. ba boom tish. Really could be anything. The hydrossalizer may have failed or the little black cylindrical shaped thing with the silver words on the side might have let a nasty spike through to the orange things that look like acid tabs and the amp is having flashbacks.

Hope this helps.

well the popping isn't constant, only when the amp is on. :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah, it's intermittent, but not dependent upon playing. It'll be sitting there, powered up, quiet as can be (one of the nice things about it, when functioning properly!) then the popping starts and is seemingly unaffected by playing or not. Other times, it starts while playing. You get the idea.

Sorry, Tully, to dredge up a bad memory. I've been down the path of having to deal with bad products and worse companies standing behind them (or not). Glad you were able to eradicate that from your operation.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Yep, trust me DB, that DRRI remains on my list. If this repair runs into any money....I may just be planning a christmas gift for myself instead....

Still, it ain't free, and I just blew more than my annual gear allowance on a handmade acoustic. Timing, as they say, is everything.

Just imagine coming home to plug your Heritage into one of these...

IMG_1455.jpg

Anybody who comes to my house will tell you I'm not exactly short on expensive amps.

BUT.

When I was desperately poor --- and I mean making-cheese-sandwiches-three-times-a-day poor --- I used Roland solid-state amps. First their Mini Stack and then the VGA series. Never had a single problem. They are as reliable as the day is long and in the context of a live performance cranked up in a crowded bar there just isn't that much difference.

If an HOC family member needed an amp to gig with desperately I would put a Roland on your doorstep for the cost of shipping and you can pay me when you have the money.

LOL! Burgera is a Behringer product... Ordering a KBP810 is one amp you'll never regret!

Well..There ya go..On my limited income, My Peavey Classic 30 is the amp of my dreams..bounces around in the back of my car without complaint, nice sounding spring reverb, two footswitchable channels..All for under $700..Been using it for over 2 years now and replaced one tube..That's it..My 2 cents.. :icon_rr:

well the popping isn't constant, only when the amp is on. :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah, it's intermittent, but not dependent upon playing. It'll be sitting there, powered up, quiet as can be (one of the nice things about it, when functioning properly!) then the popping starts and is seemingly unaffected by playing or not. Other times, it starts while playing. You get the idea.

Sorry, Tully, to dredge up a bad memory. I've been down the path of having to deal with bad products and worse companies standing behind them (or not). Glad you were able to eradicate that from your operation.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

You Funny Guy!!

Well..There ya go..On my limited income, My Peavey Classic 30 is the amp of my dreams..bounces around in the back of my car without complaint, nice sounding spring reverb, two footswitchable channels..All for under $700..Been using it for over 2 years now and replaced one tube..That's it..My 2 cents.. :icon_rr:

We must be of similar budgets! I had a Peavey Valveking that Brian will agree was a great sounding amp. But the long term outlook for a PCB board amp wasn't good, so I chose a hand-wired turret board type amp that can be easily fixed over the mass produced PCB board amps.

Anybody who comes to my house will tell you I'm not exactly short on expensive amps.

BUT.

When I was desperately poor --- and I mean making-cheese-sandwiches-three-times-a-day poor --- I used Roland solid-state amps. First their Mini Stack and then the VGA series. Never had a single problem. They are as reliable as the day is long and in the context of a live performance cranked up in a crowded bar there just isn't that much difference.

If an HOC family member needed an amp to gig with desperately I would put a Roland on your doorstep for the cost of shipping and you can pay me when you have the money.

Wow don't see that kind of help on the net much. Ain't this a great group?!!

BUT.

Missed this earlier.

That's a righteous stance, Mr. Baruth. I'm not in those desperate straights, but I certainly appreciate the sentiment.

This is an awesome place.

Cheers! :drink2_mini:

Archived