Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Day X2

brentrocks

The UPS man earned his keep today on Charles st. I took delivery on 2 super sweet Heritages today!

2000 H 150. This is kind of like a 150 DLX but it doesnt have the multi ply binding. ALSB, MONSTER TOP, Seth in the neck, 59 in the bridge, bound head, matching head, belly cut and vintage style tuners. The neck is a little slimmer than normal and really fast! It has some battle scars, but still a great player! The low E, A and D nut slots were cut too deep, so i did the 'ol super glue and baking soda trick and re cut them to the propor height. IT SOUND FABULOUS!!!!

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

CLIP... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7880878

2007 H 157 Black Beauty. This is one that i sold to Heritags525 and decided to buy back when he re-sold. Its loaded with Schallers that sound great! Its bone stock and minty! I'm thinking about maybe having the top re-finished, but after seeing it again, its so beautiful....maybe ill leave it alone?

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

CLIP... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7880912

please tell us about the refin process, if you could. the steps involved, the cost, turnaround time and such. maybe i could find a "close enough" guitar and have it refinished if such a thing is cost effective.

Nice score & "re-score"... what would you have liked to refinish the 157 to?

i was thinking about doing some kind of goldburst, just on the top....but im not so sure now?

please tell us about the refin process, if you could. the steps involved, the cost, turnaround time and such. maybe i could find a "close enough" guitar and have it refinished if such a thing is cost effective.

if i go through with it, it will just be the top of the body that i will have stripped and refinished....i did a couple silverbursts a while back and they turned out fabulous!!!

Very good day indeed.

The H157 needs no comment. It's a classic.

The H150 is a sweetheart too. The top screams Ultra. The grain is to die for. I like the pup combo.

You make me nervous with the goldtop idea. I have seen a few GT-gold hardware guitars. Nothing wrong with that IMO. But your H157 looks pristine. I'd hate to lay a hand to it.

Very good day indeed.

The H157 needs no comment. It's a classic.

The H150 is a sweetheart too. The top screams Ultra. The grain is to die for. I like the pup combo.

You make me nervous with the goldtop idea. I have seen a few GT-gold hardware guitars. Nothing wrong with that IMO. But your H157 looks pristine. I'd hate to lay a hand to it.

case in point...

50thanniv.jpg

Hey Brent, Those are two BEAUTIFUL axes. Where do you keep coming up with these deals? You're the man!!

Thanks Scott!

the ALSB 150 shows some wear but its honest wear, except for a ding on the side of the neck....so many good deals out there...i go these 2 for the price of a new 157!

:cray_mini:

The UPS man earned his keep today on Charles st. I took delivery on 2 super sweet Heritages today!

2000 H 150. This is kind of like a 150 DLX but it doesnt have the multi ply binding. ALSB, MONSTER TOP, Seth in the neck, 59 in the bridge, bound head, matching head, belly cut and vintage style tuners. The neck is a little slimmer than normal and really fast! It has some battle scars, but still a great player! The low E, A and D nut slots were cut too deep, so i did the 'ol super glue and baking soda trick and re cut them to the propor height. IT SOUND FABULOUS!!!!

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

CLIP... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7880878

2007 H 157 Black Beauty. This is one that i sold to Heritags525 and decided to buy back when he re-sold. Its loaded with Schallers that sound great! Its bone stock and minty! I'm thinking about maybe having the top re-finished, but after seeing it again, its so beautiful....maybe ill leave it alone?

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

CLIP... http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7880912

DUDE!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't re finish that 357..You could shave in that finish..Please dude Please!! It's gorgeous! Ok it's your guitar..do what you want.. sniff.. :cray_mini:

if i go through with it, it will just be the top of the body that i will have stripped and refinished....i did a couple silverbursts a while back and they turned out fabulous!!!

i saw that one recently came back up for sale. looks great. tempting, but i have to stay focused. how much does it cost?

i say go ahead and refin; it's "just" a black custom. it isn't like there aren't a million of those out there. crap shoot on the top, though; you won't know what's under there until you are under there. and when you say gold burst, do you mean a gold top or this:

903b.jpg

i saw that one recently came back up for sale. looks great. tempting, but i have to stay focused. how much does it cost?

and when you say gold burst, do you mean a gold top or this:

903b.jpg

YES...thats it

Brent, you must have some Irish in you. You are one lucky dog. You keep coming up with these great guitars, both are beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing on the 157.

Congratulations

Archived