Heritage Owners Club

Daydreaming...

DetroitBlues

So I'm daydreaming about the refinish job on my H-140. Going from ACB to Amber with no burst. Can anyone share a photo or two of a Heritage solid body in an amber finish that doesn't have a burst? A couple months ago, mine looked like this, but I haven't seen it since....

2ndCoat.jpg

I have another picture taken in normal lighting which shows the guitar looking much less yellow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow! That one really helps since the new pups are black open coils too! What kind of tailpiece is that, TP6?

Yes, I have TP-6s on all my Heritage guitars with the exception of my Stat Dlx. It has a Schaller with fine tuners.

15 minutes usually, though usually an hour or two is better. the LONG part is after you're done spraying then waiting for it to dry before the final sand and buff out.

I thought it was more like that, but I wasn't positive. I know he's being careful, but sometimes, I wonder is he being careful or not sure what he's doing...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing another couple more weeks, but here it is so far....

Sure hope it almost done... Still not sure if I should be so patient with him....

It looks great, I predict a great result.

You have to let him know that it's been much longer than quoted and you're anxious to take it home. Communicate.

Archived