Heritage Owners Club

Daydreaming...

DetroitBlues

I think so... the great look of book matching set aside, I don't think you see very many big enough hunks of figured maple to make a one piece top like that anymore.

I kind of thought so.

Oh, and Brent, you can't have this one! I know what you're thinking!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that is turning out pretty fantastic. It looks sweet, and should be a bit lighter than an H-150 or Les Paul so will look and feel great!

I know the wait still sucks, but the guy does seem to have done a pretty nice job on it.

Well, that is turning out pretty fantastic. It looks sweet, and should be a bit lighter than an H-150 or Les Paul so will look and feel great!

I know the wait still sucks, but the guy does seem to have done a pretty nice job on it.

I agree, I cannot wait to pick it up!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the shop today. The guitar is 99% finished. The final wet sanding was completed and I was totally floored when I saw it hanging on the wall. At the first angle, it was almost in 3D. Amazing. John didn't want to put anything on it for a few more days, but he will get the nut taken care of and have it all put together for pickup on Friday. I'm super stoked for this one. Just for quick measure, I held up my new truss rod cover to it. Yep, its my guitar for sure now!

Yea BABY!!! :icon_thumright:

It's a good thing we won't have to go downtown Detroit and pay Guido to go "collect" it.

Stopped by the shop today. The guitar is 99% finished. The final wet sanding was completed and I was totally floored when I saw it hanging on the wall. At the first angle, it was almost in 3D. Amazing. John didn't want to put anything on it for a few more days, but he will get the nut taken care of and have it all put together for pickup on Friday. I'm super stoked for this one. Just for quick measure, I held up my new truss rod cover to it. Yep, its my guitar for sure now!

It will be a great thing to see this long wait come to a happy resolution.

And how cool to actually be able to say.... "it was worth the wait, it's great.."

Yea BABY!!! :icon_thumright:

It's a good thing we won't have to go downtown Detroit and pay Guido to go "collect" it.

HA!! I don't think I could have been so patient, and might have had to call Tony Soprano, long ago.

Pickups are both Seymour Duncan's. The bridge is a JB SH-4 and the neck is a Jazz SH-2. I think the JB was originally covered because there is no label on the open coil. Its getting a fresh set of Ernie Ball 11's, tuned down 1/2 a step. While the picture doesn't show it, it supposed to have a vintage bone nut on it as well and a polished up headstock vaneer to remove the haze.

Archived