Heritage Owners Club

VALVETECH Amps

JeffB

I have a tweed covered Hayseed 15 with, EF86, Tremolo and Weber Blues.

Lots a great sounds. Comes direct from the builder made to order. You pick the options, colors, grill cloth, hardware, speakers, combo or cab and head. Great Price and took about 2-3 months to build.

Two channels. Channel one has a switch on the back gives you EF86 Normal or EF86 top Boost or 12AX7 Standard. Volume, Global Cut, Global Tremolo, Master Volume

Channel two is 12ax7 Top Boost only with Volume, Treble, Bass, Globle Cut, Global Tremolo, Master Volume (on the back)

High low inputs on each channel so you can patch in and use EF86 Norman and 12AX7 Top Boast / EF86 Bright and 12AX7 Top Boast or 12ax7 Norman and 12ax7 Top Boast blending each with their own volume controls.

Tully, I have the Hayseed 30.. I have just started to explore the tones you can get out of it but it is awesome. Its two channel. channel one is I guess "normal" and other "top Boost". The EF 86 Top boost has three setting on the back. One for the 12ax7 tube, middle for Brilliant EF86 and three for Normal EF86. Theres a master volume on the back also. Front panel has tone, volume and cut. Lots of ways to set the amp. I like it just a little distorted. Don't need a pedal.

Its the best sounding amp. And there's more tonal bliss to be had by jumping the two channels together. Its gets some glorious distortion with channel two at about 2 o'clock on the volume and channel one at 9AM.

running it through a 2x12 cab with WGS ET65 and a Veteran 30 combo. wondering what two celestion blues would sound like.

I like it so much I am looking for a used valvetech 25/50..

Hope that helps..

Lots a great sounds. Comes direct from the builder made to order. You pick the options, colors, grill cloth, hardware, speakers, combo or cab and head. Great Price and took about 2-3 months to build.

Two channels. Channel one has a switch on the back gives you EF86 Normal or EF86 top Boost or 12AX7 Standard. Volume, Global Cut, Global Tremolo, Master Volume

Channel two is 12ax7 Top Boost only with Volume, Treble, Bass, Globle Cut, Global Tremolo, Master Volume (on the back)

High low inputs on each channel so you can patch in and use EF86 Norman and 12AX7 Top Boast / EF86 Bright and 12AX7 Top Boast or 12ax7 Norman and 12ax7 Top Boast blending each with their own volume controls.

Tully, I have the Hayseed 30.. I have just started to explore the tones you can get out of it but it is awesome. Its two channel. channel one is I guess "normal" and other "top Boost". The EF 86 Top boost has three setting on the back. One for the 12ax7 tube, middle for Brilliant EF86 and three for Normal EF86. Theres a master volume on the back also. Front panel has tone, volume and cut. Lots of ways to set the amp. I like it just a little distorted. Don't need a pedal.

Its the best sounding amp. And there's more tonal bliss to be had by jumping the two channels together. Its gets some glorious distortion with channel two at about 2 o'clock on the volume and channel one at 9AM.

running it through a 2x12 cab with WGS ET65 and a Veteran 30 combo. wondering what two celestion blues would sound like.

I like it so much I am looking for a used valvetech 25/50..

Hope that helps..

Well it helps with GAS expansion I guess ^_^ .

Would you describe the cleans as thick without being soupy, dynamic without being uncontrollable, dimensional while still retaining focus in a band mix? ....cause if so....... :drink_mini: (kidding of coarse)

Im thinking the Vac50 or 25 head with fx loop. I have fender, Mesa and Marshall tones well covered. Even Vox to a degree. Just want something different

Tully, the YouTube clips you posted on the main forum page yesterday (with a German guy playing a Prospect) featured a VAC 25. Was that what piqued your interest? Beautiful tone through the Prospect but he was pushing it through a couple of Barber pedals too.

Tully, the YouTube clips you posted on the main forum page yesterday (with a German guy playing a Prospect) featured a VAC 25. Was that what piqued your interest? Beautiful tone through the Prospect but he was pushing it through a couple of Barber pedals too.

Yes that started the wave I ride. I did notice he used a few stomps as well. I checked out the clips on the Valvetech website as well and liked the sounds I heard. Ive tried replicating some of what I was hearing on stuff I have and can get close I suppose.

His technique and phrasing was very smooth and Im sure with that and the stomps he was using played a large part in the tones he was achieving. But GAS y'know.... ^_^

Sounds like a KBP810 made amp except the price and timeframe is at least twice as much. :icon_thumright:

Sounds like a KBP810 made amp except the price and timeframe is at least twice as much. :icon_thumright:

Detroit,

I think I paid $1150 or something plus shipping. KBP810's would run $600 and take 6 weeks?

That is crazy good man. The Alnico Blue alone has got to cost $200.00

• 11 months later...

I own a Valvetech Vac 25 (and a Heritage H 535)- best sounding amp imO. I mostly use the clean channael, distortion mixed by by a Barber Burn Unit- like the guy from Germany in the vid!

Great sound! Low price, tones of possiblities!!

Don't go to Rob's vids on YT- bad sound!!!

Blues und Gruß

Mike

Detroit,

I think I paid $1150 or something plus shipping. KBP810's would run $600 and take 6 weeks?

That is crazy good man. The Alnico Blue alone has got to cost $200.00

Ah, I thought the price would be twice as much... Very few handwired amps can be found for less than $2k.

@ DB

Not so!... at all!!!!!!!

Just have to know where to dig. Great deals can be had on handwired amps for less than a grand all day long on fleabay, an informed buyer can do very well. Speaking from multiple amps purchased at screaming deals, handwired eyelet or turret board designs for amazingly low price. One you learn what to look for, easy to swoop in like a buzzard. Just don't be looking at the cosmetics so much as the gut shots and what kind of iron is there. An ugly chassis can be hidden by a head cab. .

The Hayseed got rave reviews over at TGP a few years back. You don't see it mentioned much these days as the Xits, Morgans, Magics, etc. are the current flavor of the day. One thing that set the Valevtechs apart was cost - they used to be (hopefully still are) dirt cheap for a boutique amp.

Just finished playing my Hayseed 30 at lunch. Sounds awesome.. There's three different settings on the back that change the tone plus a master volume. Rob just sent out a modification that brings the amp close to an early Vox AC30 topboost. I did the mod, it sounds good but I don't crank it up enough to really experience the tonal glory. Currently using a Red Fang and a Warehouse ET30.

Carloyn Wonderland, blues player here in Austin uses the Valuetech amps. The VAC 25/50 I think..

Both the Hayseed and VAC series look and sound interesting. Just looking for opinions by someone who may have sampled one.

Here's a link to the German Valvetech Dealer with some video samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpDKDtwjJ0&feature=relmfu

and another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKdrq_i5fk&feature=relmfu

They really sound great and match very well to whatever fx pedals.

Here's a link to the German Valvetech Dealer with some video samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpDKDtwjJ0&feature=relmfu

and another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKdrq_i5fk&feature=relmfu

They really sound great and match very well to whatever fx pedals.

If you wanna see the vids, you have to click on: "Auf YouTube ansehen". This brings you to the YouTube clips. I hope this is allowed to do in this forum :).

Here is another link. It's a Valvetech 25 Combo Amp Demo. The guitar is a Heritage H 555. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg6Bg2aI6YA&feature=relmfu

That was the clip along with the others that got me thinking about this amp......a year or so ago. I think I posted these vids (with the Heritages) on the heritage guitars forum.

Im subsribed to MF guitars yt page. They have some great sounding demo's. Good quality sound....and playing.

Do you have any affiliation to them?

Hi JeffB,

they are based real close to where I live. It's a 25 minutes ride. They are my favourite dealer, because they always offer a good quality and the owner of that little shop has really good knowledge about guitars and amps.

I was attracted to Heritage guitars by Realguitars and he builds fantastic Strat and Tele Models himself. Even people like Michael Landau and Gary Moore showed up there, when they were touring Germany.

I prefer to bring my money to those little shops, who are really devoted to tone and quality, instead of going to the big music supermarkets. That's why I prefer Heritage instead of the big G brand.

@JeffB:

btw:

here is another guy who lives about 1,5 hours from my place. He is doing quite good demos and seems to like Heritage guitars a lot:

Enjoy

Cheers

Wolfi

Archived