Heritage Owners Club

KBB810 amplification

Cool! I'd be keen to know what you think of it. I hope you like it. Heck, I hope I like it!

I've not met a KBP810 that I didn't like. He does good work!

I think he might have described the design you are talking about. I just thought the kind I'm getting was interesting and something I would never be able to get outside of a situation like this. Maybe I could look into his original design down the road. What he describes was very, VERY cool though.

I'm waiting (pseudo patiently) for this one. :glasses1:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not met a KBP810 that I didn't like. He does good work!

I bet his ears are ringing! Yeah, I've heard enough good that I am not worried. I'm just excited at the thought of a hand-wired amp! I'm also thinking of an ABY type setup with my KBP810 and the Marshall down the road. That whole "money" thing though...

I'm waiting (pseudo patiently) for this one. :glasses1:

I'd be interested in hearing more when you get it, or when KBP810 feels like sharing info about it.

I bet his ears are ringing! Yeah, I've heard enough good that I am not worried. I'm just excited at the thought of a hand-wired amp! I'm also thinking of an ABY type setup with my KBP810 and the Marshall down the road. That whole "money" thing though...

I'd be interested in hearing more when you get it, or when KBP810 feels like sharing info about it.

Steiner has a much better ear and more articulate playing than I do. It helps when he's a walking encyclopedia of music.

I'm getting one from him before then. Not the Reverb Deluxe, the other one. I'd still love to try yours if I make it out there next year, so thanks for the invite!

"the other one"?? very mysterious. I could hazard a guess.

Feel free to try mine as well next year.

Yours is fantastic -- does it have an overdrive channel?

Simple really, JB in the bridge and a SH2 Jazz in the neck.

I have that same set that I've never dropped in a guitar, there probably going to end up in my Carvin bolt eventually. The JB/ '59 combo is great as well.

Smile - love the 'caution' tape. "Warning, this backline can cause GAS" :)

Jeff, I really like your amp. The extra gain on chnl one gives it enough dirt/difference from chnl 2 that it would seem to be an ideal candidate for an aby pedal in front. Chnl one has the drive, chnl 2 on clean. I got to play it a couple times Friday night and kept thinking how responsive it was. There's a 'Bluesy Jam' vid where I was in channel 2 and listening back to it, it's got great bite, nice sustain on it w/the 150 on the neck pickup. And you're in chnl one (looks like) on the 'Blues Jam' and that shows off it's extra drive sound (btw, nice playing on that one :icon_thumleft:

Congrats and kudos to Brian. That's a premo amp there!

Is that a Strymon Blue Sky on top of the amp on the left? I want one soooo bad?

I'm getting one from him before then. Not the Reverb Deluxe, the other one. I'd still love to try yours if I make it out there next year, so thanks for the invite!

which one is the other one? I had talked to him about the reverb deluxe awhile back but now I'm thinking maybe AC30

which one is the other one? I had talked to him about the reverb deluxe awhile back but now I'm thinking maybe AC30

Well, it's the other one mentioned in this thread. ;) DB gave a subtle clue.

I'm trying to get Brian to put a lable on it that reads something like this "D/ODS" if that's a hint.

I considered the Reverb Deluxe, the AC30-style, the D-style, and his self-made creation (he can tell you about that, not sure how secretive or not he wants to be). Anyway, I ultimately thought the D-style would work best as it is supposed to have a nice Fender-ish sort of clean, a nice overdrive with maybe a bit less gain that I was hoping but supposedly very nice sounding OD channel 2, and for the rare occasion I would want more gain I could just throw a pedal in front of it. Plus, I'd never be able to get one outside of a situation like this.

FWIW, if I were able to buy without reservation, I'd love to nab one of his AC30-style amps as well as his original amp design in addition to the one I ordered. They all sounded pretty cool, and it was a matter of just picking one as I could probably have done fine with any of them to fill my need. At this point though, money, space, and time all factor in to why I did not just put in an order for three or four amps from him.

Well, it's the other one mentioned in this thread. ;) DB gave a subtle clue.

I considered the Reverb Deluxe, the AC30-style, the D-style, and his self-made creation (he can tell you about that, not sure how secretive or not he wants to be). Anyway, I ultimately thought the D-style would work best as it is supposed to have a nice Fender-ish sort of clean, a nice overdrive with maybe a bit less gain that I was hoping but supposedly very nice sounding OD channel 2, and for the rare occasion I would want more gain I could just throw a pedal in front of it. Plus, I'd never be able to get one outside of a situation like this.

FWIW, if I were able to buy without reservation, I'd love to nab one of his AC30-style amps as well as his original amp design in addition to the one I ordered. They all sounded pretty cool, and it was a matter of just picking one as I could probably have done fine with any of them to fill my need. At this point though, money, space, and time all factor in to why I did not just put in an order for three or four amps from him.

The basis for his original design can be found in an old thread I started about the latest KBP810 amp that I dubbed the Underground. As for what the final product will be, well that's up to Brian. We've been tossing around a lot of ideas on this amp. But between his current amp projects and the fact he has a full time job already, it may be a while before the ideas bear any fruit.

Guest HRB853370

Are you a paid spokesperson for the KBP810 line of amps? Kinda like William Shatner and Priceline!!!

(just messin with ya DB)

Are you a paid spokesperson for the KBP810 line of amps? Kinda like William Shatner and Priceline!!!

(just messin with ya DB)

You bet! I'm the official spokesman and marketing director of KBP810 Amplification. :headbang:

Much to Brian's annoyance...

The basis for his original design can be found in an old thread I started about the latest KBP810 amp that I dubbed the Underground. As for what the final product will be, well that's up to Brian. We've been tossing around a lot of ideas on this amp. But between his current amp projects and the fact he has a full time job already, it may be a while before the ideas bear any fruit.

Hey DB, do you have a link or thread title? I searched for "Underground" and nothing came up.

And I don't want to hear about "current projects" this or "full time job" that. We demand instant gratification!

Also, let me know what you think of mine when you test-drive it! If it all works out right, I should get my KBP810 amp and my new guitar right around the same time. :icon_sunny:

Hey DB, do you have a link or thread title? I searched for "Underground" and nothing came up.

And I don't want to hear about "current projects" this or "full time job" that. We demand instant gratification!

Also, let me know what you think of mine when you test-drive it! If it all works out right, I should get my KBP810 amp and my new guitar right around the same time. :icon_sunny:

Check it out!

http://www.heritageo...__fromsearch__1

As soon as Brian is done with your amp, I'll give it a good spank and my seal of approval (usually just a water mark from a beer bottle resting on top)

You bet! I'm the official spokesman and marketing director of KBP810 Amplification. :headbang:

Much to Brian's annoyance...

I am actually talking with him now about a build. :D

I am sure this is something that won't happen anytime real soon... but it will be awesome. :D

I am actually talking with him now about a build. :D

I am sure this is something that won't happen anytime real soon... but it will be awesome. :D

He mentioned a few things to me. And you're right, it will be awesome. It will be an amp you'll never regret owning and never want to get rid of.... Just think, the serial number of you amp will be really, really low. So when he becomes rich and famous, you can say you have one of his first amps! B)

He mentioned a few things to me. And you're right, it will be awesome. It will be an amp you'll never regret owning and never want to get rid of.... Just think, the serial number of you amp will be really, really low. So when he becomes rich and famous, you can say you have one of his first amps! B)

Some of the more pie in the sky ideas had to be set aside on it but those were more aesthetic.

I have a couple of more thoughts I haven't shared as of yet... but I will shortly to hear what he thinks. I just cannot WAIT to get the scratch together for this. Once these surgeries are out of the way... AMP TIME!

I am seriously considering Weber speakers. Everything I have heard about them are just sick.

Some of the more pie in the sky ideas had to be set aside on it but those were more aesthetic.

I have a couple of more thoughts I haven't shared as of yet... but I will shortly to hear what he thinks. I just cannot WAIT to get the scratch together for this. Once these surgeries are out of the way... AMP TIME!

I am seriously considering Weber speakers. Everything I have heard about them are just sick.

Weber's are awesome. But they are expensive, then again you get what you pay for.

Weber's are awesome. But they are expensive, then again you get what you pay for.

That is very true. Leaning on Brian's expertise, it will be built of great parts. Not sure what tube I am gonna go with on the switchable gain stage (that's right... switchable gain stage).

This amp will be crap your pants awesome.

That is very true. Leaning on Brian's expertise, it will be built of great parts. Not sure what tube I am gonna go with on the switchable gain stage (that's right... switchable gain stage).

This amp will be crap your pants awesome.

Welcome to KPB810 Amplification! Where modesty is checked at the door.

Archived