Heritage Owners Club

KBB810 amplification

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think YOUR pickups in YOUR 140 through the D clone was the BOMB!!!!

I could not replicate that tone through the pickups in my guitars. That tone the you got (and I got when I played your 140) was the closest I have ever hear to the more recent Santana tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think YOUR pickups in YOUR 140 through the D clone was the BOMB!!!!

I could not replicate that tone through the pickups in my guitars. That tone the you got (and I got when I played your 140) was the closest I have ever hear to the more recent Santana tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! You can thank Brian for that too! He rewired the whole setup for me.

Thought I was plugging into yours, but turned out it was HFans! Tried channel 1 'early' Friday when the volume was relatively low and like it lots. Later in the night, it was too loud and channel one was a creamy driven tone, but I plugged into channel 2 and it was crystal clear - great cleans and could hang/cut in the mix. Assume your amp is similar, DB. Nice amps - DRs (or in this case RDs) are one of my fav circuits and Brian nails 'em.

Hey, DetroitBlues: Just to make sure I'm reading these all corrrectly, the orange tolex KBP810 amp was yours, right?

And HFans was the one fxdx99 plugged into over toward Yoslate's Bitar?

TonyM

Thought I was plugging into yours, but turned out it was HFans! Tried channel 1 'early' Friday when the volume was relatively low and like it lots. Later in the night, it was too loud and channel one was a creamy driven tone, but I plugged into channel 2 and it was crystal clear - great cleans and could hang/cut in the mix. Assume your amp is similar, DB. Nice amps - DRs (or in this case RDs) are one of my fav circuits and Brian nails 'em.

He certainly does. I love the tone I get from the amp and to keep volume under control, the use of a pedal helps get me the dirt I want.

Hey, DetroitBlues: Just to make sure I'm reading these all corrrectly, the orange tolex KBP810 amp was yours, right? And HFans was the one fxdx99 plugged into over toward Yoslate's Bitar? TonyM

Yep, mine was orange. HFan's was covered in a lacquered tweed.

I *really* loved the sound coming out of Hfan's KBP810. It was very similar to the sound I was getting out of Brent's Heritage colonial - good, fat dirt. Hfan's amp is heavier, due to the 30 lb speaker that's in it.

Well, I was going to post a NAD thread as time allowed, now I don't have to. You guys and Katy have described it perfectly. I love the amp, especially with the different flavors tween channels 1 and 2 (extra gain on channel 1) and I love having reverb on both. Also nicely matches my tweed Blues Jr. Thanks Brian. It had a nice break in period at the barn as well. It especially sounded sweet with Brent's old P90 Les Paul Jr or was it a Melody Maker.

I do need to get a cover for it. On the drive back home I passed through some torrential rain storms. The amp was in the trunk. I had brought a plastic garbage bag to wrap it in, of course it was left at the hotel. Was glad that the trunk gaskets on my old Mazda kept it dry. Was almost afraid to look.

Here is the obligatory picture..a few other amps jumped into the shot as well.

upto8-8-11023.jpg

... especially with the different flavors tween channels 1 and 2 (extra gain on channel 1) and I love having reverb on both. it dry. Was almost afraid to look.

upto8-8-11023.jpg

Smile - love the 'caution' tape. "Warning, this backline can cause GAS" :)

Jeff, I really like your amp. The extra gain on chnl one gives it enough dirt/difference from chnl 2 that it would seem to be an ideal candidate for an aby pedal in front. Chnl one has the drive, chnl 2 on clean. I got to play it a couple times Friday night and kept thinking how responsive it was. There's a 'Bluesy Jam' vid where I was in channel 2 and listening back to it, it's got great bite, nice sustain on it w/the 150 on the neck pickup. And you're in chnl one (looks like) on the 'Blues Jam' and that shows off it's extra drive sound (btw, nice playing on that one :icon_thumleft:

Congrats and kudos to Brian. That's a premo amp there!

I noticed a lot of people were plugged into HFan's KBP810 Reverb Deluxe amp on Friday. Some even tried out his D-Style ODS amp. What did you all think? I love mine, but I'm really curious to know what the rest of you thought!

I don't know, but I'm hoping to fine out!

I'll have my amp there next year if I can make it out! You're welcome to try it.

I'm getting one from him before then. Not the Reverb Deluxe, the other one. I'd still love to try yours if I make it out there next year, so thanks for the invite!

I'm getting one from him before then. Not the Reverb Deluxe, the other one. I'd still love to try yours if I make it out there next year, so thanks for the invite!

Ah yes, but no worries, I'll be trying it out before you get it! :headbang:

He has an original amp design that I think is really cool, but he didn't have room for it....

Ah yes, but no worries, I'll be trying it out before you get it! :headbang:

Cool! I'd be keen to know what you think of it. I hope you like it. Heck, I hope I like it!

He has an original amp design that I think is really cool, but he didn't have room for it....

I think he might have described the design you are talking about. I just thought the kind I'm getting was interesting and something I would never be able to get outside of a situation like this. Maybe I could look into his original design down the road. What he describes was very, VERY cool though.

Cool! I'd be keen to know what you think of it. I hope you like it. Heck, I hope I like it!

I think he might have described the design you are talking about. I just thought the kind I'm getting was interesting and something I would never be able to get outside of a situation like this. Maybe I could look into his original design down the road. What he describes was very, VERY cool though.

I had it for awhile and having two preamp gain stages is really cool. I gave it back to him as a credit towards building the RD amp.

Archived