Heritage Owners Club

American made amps?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. There is that too.

Then you buy a Honda Civic and see it was made in Tenesseee.... So if American companies are making their products outside of our boarders and foriegn companies are making their products in America, it makes you wonder what does it mean to be American made?

Then you buy a Honda Civic and see it was made in Tenesseee.... So if American companies are making their products outside of our boarders and foriegn companies are making their products in America, it makes you wonder what does it mean to be American made?

Quite right. I don't have anything against imports. Nothing at all. Like I said, buying imports still supports American jobs even if not a bit of it was assembled here. I just hate to see the American craftsmen (that includes women) being marginalized when all the world is doing is copying what American was doing 50 years ago.

I'd recommend a Swart or a Carr, but they're probably out of your price range. Perhaps you can find a used one that will meet your budget.

I talked to a Carr owner on Friday..I think it was A Rambler..Loved it..He said..(I forget his name) they are available used for around 1500..

I talked to a Carr owner on Friday..I think it was A Rambler..Loved it..He said..(I forget his name) they are available used for around 1500..

That's a lot of coin for a used amp. Buy a KBP810, he does a honest job and a honest working man's price!

This whole thread got me on the MIA bandwagon. I was ready to part ways with my deluxe MIM strat, but I only need to realize there isn't much difference between my guitar and its American made counterparts. The closest thing of value to my strat maybe a signature model, its surely better than an American Special or Highway 1.

It just depends If you want a guitar built in Mexico by Mexicans, or a guitar built in the US by Mexicans. Haha. I think the factories are about 60 miles apart.

There is a running joke about Fender guitars...

What's the difference between an American made Stratocaster and a Mexican made Stratocaster?

1 fret and 100 miles.

Archived