Heritage Owners Club

Loose jack on a 575

big bob

Well, this is difficult. If it is the cutaway one you have, it is an easy fix.

If it is the non-cut one with the spruce top with mahogany back and sides, there is just nothing you can do but it give it away. I will forward my address. to you.

The jack itself is not loose, it's the hold on the cord tip that is loose.

OH!

I honestly don't think there is anything you can do about that one. I think I looked into a similar thing YEARS ago with a similar jack and found that part to be non-serviceable. May just have to replace that jack.

These kinds of jacks have this problem often. All you can do is fish a paperclip or wire (as suggested above) into the jack and try to pull the clip toward the center. It also wouldn't hurt to spray contact cleaner into the jack to be sure you have as much contact surface as possible. A wimpy clip combined with a dull/dirty spot can cause lots of trouble (hmm, there's a double entendre in there somewhere).

The best long term solution to faulty or troublesome end-pin jacks is to have it professionally disabled and have another jack installed on the lower bout.

+1

Dont you have another guitar you can play for one night?

Will, I have eight others I could play. I just have really been hitting it with this one. I ended up taping the cord to the strap worked ok. I have a new jack on the way.

Archived