Heritage Owners Club

Ok Pics finally of new purchase

Kuz

Here she is in all her glory!

She is literally perfect. The boys new about the slight cosmetic flaws with the other P-90s 150 and made it up to me on this one.

- Pic 1. Cover shot

- Pic 2. Body

- Pic 3. Perfect wing neck pieces

Can anyone spot 3 changes that I'll be doing to her ASAP?

_DSC2166-Edit web.jpg

_DSC2166-Edit web.jpg_thumb

_DSC2165 web.jpg

_DSC2165 web.jpg_thumb

_DSC2177 web.jpg

_DSC2177 web.jpg_thumb

Kuz,

that is a SWEET looking guitar.. Man we got GOLD fever. That just looks great.

Changes..

1) remove the pickguard?

2) remove pickup covers?

3) add straplocks?

those are just a guess b/c I have no idea what else you would do to that beauty. Congrats!

Cool Kuz,

How would you describe it's tone?

plexi

Really, (beleive it or not) I have not had time to play it!!??

Amber colored switch tip?

DING, DING, DING !

One down, three to go! You got the hard one, I thought the other 2 necessary changes were more obvious!!!

And Heritage is kind enough to send me an amber switch tip.

1: Taking the factory strings off and putting set of DR Pure Blues 10s on.

2:  Raising the action a good bit.

3:  Setting the intonation and sending it to me for a test drive.

That's the way a headstock should look!  It's about time. 

I remember the first Heritage I owned.  It had that Heritage smell on it.  I got the 445 & the 535 a few years later and they still have the smell every time I open the case.  Neither of my used Heritages have the smell.  Weird!  I suspect the factory will smell like my Heritages.  I imagine walking into the factory, humbled, tears running down my face and all of a sudden I get that first whiff of virgin cut maple and get a hard on so powerful that I can't walk.  What are your thoughts?  Did they have to carry you out to your ride in a wheel barrow? 

- cream colored jack plate,

- personalized truss rod cover ('Goldie' comes to mind...)

Gorgeous looking guitar- love the tuners, the finish, it's a beaut!!!

Ding, Ding, Ding! 

Cream colored jack plate- yes.

But the most obvious one is still out there.

Something doesn't look a little unusual or out of place?

Ding, Ding, Ding! 

Cream colored jack plate- yes.

But the most obvious one is still out there.

Something doesn't look a little unusual or out of place?

Getting Cryoman to make you a custom pickguard!

Kuz,

that is a SWEET looking guitar.. Man we got GOLD fever. That just looks great.

Changes..

1) remove the pickguard?

2) remove pickup covers?

3) add straplocks?

those are just a guess b/c I have no idea what else you would do to that beauty. Congrats!

Sorry Mike but...

1) Hell no. I requested an LP pickguard. I now have an original K-zoo made LP (150) let Gibby change their damn pickguard

2)HELL no. All my Humbucker guitars have covers

3. Smaller Hell no- Heritage uses big strap buttons and I don't do flying guitar acrobatics so no strap locks.

Can you tell I'm a "vintage" look kind of guy?!!!! ;D

Getting Cryoman to make you a custom pickguard!

HELL NO.

Heritage builds the original LP (150) and did since the beginning. Let those son of bi*****  in Nashville change their pickguard. They are committing heresy still calling themselves "Gibson". I now have an "original handmade Gibson", I like the vintage look, and my 150 is more a "Gibson" than Gibson makes so why not dress up my original with the original look.

I would never change "The Heritage" off the headstock though!

from the cropping of the photo it looks like swapping out the tail piece and the bridge

but why would you not just order it with the ones you wanted unless the boys at heritage flat out refused to put a Floyd rose trem on for you  ;D

I'd guess that Thundersteel has it --extra holes in the pickup rings aren't necessary.

My initial reaction when seeing the extra holes was: They had rings with holes for schallers and didn't want to buy a new ring to put a  SD PU in it, and so they just drilled an extra hole in the middle.

I'll also go with changing the pickup rings. I can't understand why the hell they use those anyway, seeing as even the Schaller's can utilize 1 mounting screw per side. the whole 4 screw thing just looks silly and gives their guitars a "cluttered" look. And when they use Duncan's the extra holes are just ugly and sloppy looking. C'mon just get the normal style mounting rings! I'm sure Stew/Mac or Allparts can give them a nice discount buying them in bulk! I know it's supposed to give you a more accurate adjustment (the 4 screw thing that is), although I don't believe that such adjustments can have THAT MUCH of an effect in regards to tone. Beautiful guitars with ugly mounting rings!  >:(

OK, finally you guys have confirmed I am not crazy.

Final change is pickup rings with no extra holes.

I don't understand the oversite but I picked up the guitar Weds, Weds night noticed the extra holes (probably for HRW-like Pups), called Heritage Thurs morning asking for 1 hole cream pickup rings, and Friday afternoon they were shipped to my door!!!

On Thurs I called about switching out to an amber switch tip and they said had already shiped the Pup rings, but would send the amber switch tip as well.

I changed Pup rings last night.

that is a great guitar, what is the weight?  i love it the way it is, to be honest.

Just a shade over 9lbs.

I will post updated (improvements) pics later!

Archived