Heritage Owners Club

My most expensive Heritage guitar photograph

LK155

Just prior to PSPIV, I posted some pix my son shot back in July (title: Guitars as Art).

They turned out so well that I wanted to get a few of them printed and mounted so that they could be displayed in my luxurious lower-level man-cave/office/music room.

This is the first resultant print.

When asked for his opinion, the photographer chose this shot as being the most balanced, the best exposed, and the most esthetically pleasing of the many he took that day. Who's to argue?

The image is about 13" by 20", was printed on glossy paper, and then mounted on pressboard (Plak'ing, it's called up here), with a glossy finish. It's ready to hang on the wall; no framing required.

Cost, you ask?

Well, let's see: two years of college for the diploma in photography, three years of university for an honors bachelor degree in graphic design, several flights back and forth from school to home, a couple of very expensive Nikons, and a used car later, I figure I've got about ........well, let's just say it's a big number invested in this.

The good news is that the second and subsequent ones will cost-average down to the point where they become reasonable. (Well, OK, it would need about 2000 of them printed to get to the 'reasonable' point.)

But damn, they're nice photographs.

So here's the end result, beside the real thing..............a 2001 H155............

post-536-0-35394800-1316475986_thumb.jpg

Value of having a custom work of Art hanging on your wall, coming from a talent that you nurtured = Priceless

You can't unspend what you've already spent, but this seems like a pretty good investment to me. Before you know it you'll be looking for a more prominent place to show it, other than the private man cave.

Then again.. you might just want to get a plaque for the photo that says:

"I fed my kid for 20 years, payed for his college, furnished all of his equipment and even bought him a car, and all I got in return was this photo!"

Archived