Heritage Owners Club

H150 Ultra w/NEW PICKGUARD!

Gitfiddler

Very lovely plank, 'fiddler!  Creme for me; it's in the family of the binding hardware and tophats, as well as the top itself.  The white is a little too much of an aesthetic contrast, trapezoids notwithstanding.  White and gold...nah!  Congrats on the photos, too.  Yours are always pretty high on the drool quotient!

They both look nice - the white pearl catching the eye w/the fret markers and the cream tieing in to the binding. 

What really looks nice is the amp cab behind the 150... pretty fancy - nice!  What is it?

They both look nice - the white pearl catching the eye w/the fret markers and the cream tieing in to the binding. 

What really looks nice is the amp cab behind the 150... pretty fancy - nice!  What is it?

The amp hiding behind the H150 is a custom cabinet (Sultone Imperial, solid Flame Maple/Purpleheart) hiding a slightly modded (JJ's and Celestion V30) Blues Jr.  Very bloosey amp!  8)

pearl looks tacky. nice axe.  would prefer wood i think >:D

Wow!! That is one BIG picture.  :wink:

Not as easy to see the White Pearl as it is to see the Creme. Of the two, I like the Creme. Got a pic of your original Wood finger rest? Might as well contrast all 3.  8)

I would say that the pearl looks better with that guitar, it makes it look different i.e. not the usual LP creme colour.

Also as mentioned it compliments the inlays very nicely.

Very nice axe by the way and some great pics too, cheers to Cryoman for the pickguards.

Thanks to Cryoman, my H150 Ultra now has both a White Pearloid pickguard/scratchplate, AND a new Creme one that matches the creme binding perfectly!

Which do you guys like better?

Here's the White Pearl:

width=320 height=480http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4602/heritageh150pearlguardhn6.jpg[/img]

Here's the Creme:

width=320 height=480http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9096/h150cremeguard1ty0.jpg[/img]

Congratulations. A really beautiful guitar and a perfect made scratchplate, and I think you got the right color too.

Honestly I can't decide which shape is the best.

I just got a Goldtop with P90's, suplied with a scratchplate for humbucker guitars. ???

Luckily, it has never been mounted, and I think I know why.

As long as Heritage doesn't make them right, I have to find another suplier. (Or make one myself, I did so for my SG)

Even the scratchplate for G***** deluxe Goldtop is hard to get.

Sorry, I never had a wood pickguard for this 150.  It came with the standard 'S' style. 

Cryoman had an extra Pearl guard that he had made and gave it to me to check out.  It looks cool, especially since it is multi-laminated, but the Creme one he cut is going to stay on this baby.  To me it just plain works.  The photos are a shade lighter than original. 

And yes, he does GREAT guards.

width=600 height=399http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6006/h150cremeguard4fr2.jpg[/img]

GitFiddler,

Nice. Nice. Nice.  I think clearly the pearl pickguard looks better on my dark Wine red H-150 (w/ black speed knobs and chrome hardware) than the creme did as I was fitting it up.  On your Ultra with gold knobs, gold hardware, warmer red finish, deep tiger stripeing,  I'm leaning toward the creme as best of the two.  Good for you.

Cheers, Cryoman

PS Don't you owe me a karma point?  Maybe it's time for the t-shirt "Will Make Pickguards for Karma Points."

GitFiddler,

Nice. Nice. Nice.  I think clearly the pearl pickguard looks better on my dark Wine red H-150 (w/ black speed knobs and chrome hardware) than the creme did as I was fitting it up.  On your Ultra with gold knobs, gold hardware, warmer red finish, deep tiger stripeing,  I'm leaning toward the creme as best of the two.  Good for you.

Cheers, Cryoman

PS Don't you owe me a karma point?  Maybe it's time for the t-shirt "Will Make Pickguards for Karma Points."

LOL!

Hey, you are THE MAN!  And yep, you got two more Karma points from me, my friend! 

Maybe Brent can make up a T-shirt with your suggested script on it!  8)

Cheers,

Tim

The cream one looks like it could have been the original. Let me re-introduce the one and only Cryoman to those less familiar.

On a sunny Sunday morning last fall as I was chugging my coffee, this photo appeared on my monitor. Speaks  for itself.

THAT photo of THAT guitar makes me want one so bad.  And Lord knows I do NOT need another gitfiddle! 8)

You guys are awesome.  Thanks for the Kudos.   Here's some more good news (maybe).  I've got material left for 4 more of the creme pickguards to fit an H-150.  GitFiddler gets the option of 1st of these 4.  Remaining 3 (or 4) are free to the 1st come 1st served takers.  Here's the only rub, I need to leave the front (small) hole for you to drill and chamfer specifically for your guitar as that is the one that varies guitar to guitar.

If interested, please send e-mail to cryoman@comcast.net

Cheers,

Cryoman

PS. Don't make me have to put a dollar bill in the envelope just so you'll take one....:'(

Archived