Heritage Owners Club

Show Your Pedal Board

koula901

Here's my miniboard - added the dano chorus, and Chubb Up Octa Fuzz. Will someday get a PT JR and put the wah pedal on there, the Boss TR2 tremolo, and a fulltone mini deja vibe, once I get the money.

post-1759-0-05766400-1317271229_thumb.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice set of pedals, Koula. I've never gone the board route, but that day may be coming soon. WIth the TS9, Deja Vibe, Vox wah and Turbo Tuner, it would make sense.

those sound like good pedals, too, rich. You might also be happy with a mini board, if you're content to put the wah on the floor.

Guest HRB853370

What the heck is an "Acoustic Simulator"? Well, beyond the obvious, does it actually do a good job of same?

It makes your electric sound just like an electric acoustic. It works pretty well. It has settings for different sized acoustics also. I have not used it much, but occassionally there is a part in a song that using this box makes for a perfect sound.

Guest HRB853370

that's pretty interesting - so, you'd use that if you don't have a piezo pup or accoustic handy. Your board looks nice and neat, slammer.

Right on!

That kinda looks like my closet Brent!

My homemade pedal board is kind of in transition..I've discovered that using an overdrive pedal into my amp causes me to burn up pre amp tubes..So my current thinking is to just use the built in tube overdrive for my lead tone, and then a minimal pedal board for my clean tone..a bit of compression, chorus and a stomp box tuner and my wah on occasion..that's about it.. :icon_rr:

My homemade pedal board is kind of in transition..I've discovered that using an overdrive pedal into my amp causes me to burn up pre amp tubes..So my current thinking is to just use the built in tube overdrive for my lead tone, and then a minimal pedal board for my clean tone..a bit of compression, chorus and a stomp box tuner and my wah on occasion..that's about it.. :icon_rr:

Huh ? Never heard that before. I can see where a clean boost pedal with 20db of gain might conceivably load the pre amp tubes, that's how some players use them, to hit the front end of the amp with a higher level of signal causing earlier breakup. An od or distortion pedal set for unity gain, or a slight boost, shouldn't be a problem.

Here's an updated picboard.jpg

The signal chain is (I think) plolytune-wah(Crybaby standard modded with true bypass, mid boost and led)-Direct Drive-OCD-Rat(YDR)-MXR Micro amp-Guyatone Trem-Phase 90-Maxon Chorus-Ibanez Delay

I switched to a slightly smaller,lighter board, and it's all powered by a Gator G-Bus,the OCD and direct Drive are run at 18 volts everything else 9.

Here's an updated picboard.jpg

The signal chain is (I think) plolytune-wah(Crybaby standard modded with true bypass, mid boost and led)-Direct Drive-OCD-Rat(YDR)-MXR Micro amp-Guyatone Trem-Phase 90-Maxon Chorus-Ibanez Delay

I switched to a slightly smaller,lighter board, and it's all powered by a Gator G-Bus,the OCD and direct Drive are run at 18 volts everything else 9.

Looking at the pic I can see that my 10 month old boy did some tweaking to my settings since I played last, if you look at the marks on the pedals which I use for referance and usually stay pretty close to, the only one that matches up is the Ibanez delay and the knobs on that one push back into the ped so they are flush. If I don't member to fix it before practice tommorrow should make for an interesting first few minutes!

Trouble- I like the idea of putting marks on the pedals for one's favorite settings. Also, how to you power your 18 volt pedals - do you get a separate power supply and does that go into a power strip? I've got a separate power supply (18V) for the Danno Cool Cat Chorus, and I've put that on an extentioon chord, the same one is used to plug in the power supply for all the other pedals. I worry that I might be creating a ground loop, but so far, no hum or noise.

I've got a Malekko Analog Chorus on the way, and am looking for a 12 volt power supply for it. It'll work with 9 volts, but will get lusher sound with the 12 volt power supply.

I use a Gator G Bus power supply to power everything on the board, it has both 9 and 18 volt outputs. There are better power supplies out there though, I think the best are probably Voodoo Labs units, and there are power supplies that will not only supply 9, 12, and 18 volt pedals but will also simulate a dying battery by reducing the voltage. I would look to Voodoo Labs 1st as they seem to hold the highest regard, but just do a little online research till you find what fits your needs there are a ton out there.

Most power supplies I look into that service 18 volt pedals do so by using a 'Y' patch, the tip into the pedal and two ends of cord plugging into the power supply. That's taking up too much space, as most of these power supplies only have 6-8 inputs. I'll read up on the DC brick, thanks. I've already ordered a 12 V power supply - I'll just have to plug that in separately.

Most power supplies I look into that service 18 volt pedals do so by using a 'Y' patch, the tip into the pedal and two ends of cord plugging into the power supply. That's taking up too much space, as most of these power supplies only have 6-8 inputs. I'll read up on the DC brick, thanks. I've already ordered a 12 V power supply - I'll just have to plug that in separately.

The Gbus does have three dedicated 18v outlets, but the two pedals I run at 18v can be powered from 9v up to 18v, the higher voltage just increases the range of the pedal. They could easily be run at 9 or 12v.

Most power supplies have 9v and 12v outlets which would be fine for your board (or mine) and unless you already have an 18v pedal I wouldn't exclude anything because it doesn't have 18v. Using a a Y cable from 2 9v outs gives you 18v and won;t cause you any problems, and if your supply also has 12v you would have all your bases covered. Most people still use a daisy chain cble even with a power supply because it cleans up your board some and there are some people that say there are other benifits as well.

If you have 8 9v outs and use to five pedal daisy chains you could run ten pedals on two outputs, double four of the 9v outs to give you two 18v outs, and still have two 9v outs and whatever 12v outs the power supply has.

Here is a basic comparison of a lot of power supplies no prices though.

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808

The Gbus does have three dedicated 18v outlets, but the two pedals I run at 18v can be powered from 9v up to 18v, the higher voltage just increases the range of the pedal. They could easily be run at 9 or 12v.

Most power supplies have 9v and 12v outlets which would be fine for your board (or mine) and unless you already have an 18v pedal I wouldn't exclude anything because it doesn't have 18v. Using a a Y cable from 2 9v outs gives you 18v and won;t cause you any problems, and if your supply also has 12v you would have all your bases covered. Most people still use a daisy chain cble even with a power supply because it cleans up your board some and there are some people that say there are other benifits as well.

If you have 8 9v outs and use to five pedal daisy chains you could run ten pedals on two outputs, double four of the 9v outs to give you two 18v outs, and still have two 9v outs and whatever 12v outs the power supply has.

Here is a basic comparison of a lot of power supplies no prices though.

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808

Hey! Well that certainly opens up my options. I had thought of daisy-chaining, you just have to know how much power each pedal draws and since I don't know that, then its a trial and error kind of thing - something I'd just have to experiement with.

Hey! Well that certainly opens up my options. I had thought of daisy-chaining, you just have to know how much power each pedal draws and since I don't know that, then its a trial and error kind of thing - something I'd just have to experiement with.

It doesn't matter so much what each pedal draws, you won't have all the pedals on at the same time. If you do have a "always on" pedal or one pedal that you use a lot in conjunction with other pedals, power it from the supply by itself.

If I were going to make a recommendation I would say Pedal Power 2+, BBE SupaCharger, or the DC Brick. The T-Rex power supplies are very good as well but they have a few different models so you would need to figure out which one fits your needs. The only reason I use the G-Bus is it was included in a pedalboard I bought. it's basically just a daisy chain in a box none of the outputs are isolated. I've never had any problems with it though so for now no reason to upgrade.

Good luck I know you'll figure it out though.

also, this guy on ebay used to build power suppies and custom supply cables, I've bought cables from him and he is easy to deal with. He doesn't have anything listed right now but it might be worth contacting him. I'm sure he could build you a supply to suit your needs and supply the cables with it. If he still does it. Here's a link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/joseph2442/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2654

Archived