• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two comments.

#1. Brent - fix that board!!! Geez!

Here is my current lineup...

IMG_1719.jpg

#2 Wha??? No, it doesn't.

I've discovered that using an overdrive pedal into my amp causes me to burn up pre amp tubes..

Huh ? Never heard that before. I can see where a clean boost pedal with 20db of gain might conceivably load the pre amp tubes, that's how some players use them, to hit the front end of the amp with a higher level of signal causing earlier breakup. An od or distortion pedal set for unity gain, or a slight boost, shouldn't be a problem.

You are probably right..Maybe the tube's time was up..I dunno..

Here's an updated picboard.jpg

The signal chain is (I think) plolytune-wah(Crybaby standard modded with true bypass, mid boost and led)-Direct Drive-OCD-Rat(YDR)-MXR Micro amp-Guyatone Trem-Phase 90-Maxon Chorus-Ibanez Delay

I switched to a slightly smaller,lighter board, and it's all powered by a Gator G-Bus,the OCD and direct Drive are run at 18 volts everything else 9.

Nice lookin board..I can tell you loves yer wah!!

Here's my current board. Dark day inside, too bright outside. Best I could do with a crappy camera. I could actually use a better Delay. And if I could, a decent chorus/detune. Frame is a Pedaltrain IISC. I just didn't take it out of the case.

pedalboard-oct2011-kle.jpg

Nice lookin board..I can tell you loves yer wah!!

Yes I do, haven't had any reason to use it for the last couple years witht the other band since it was mostly country, but since starting the new band my foot has been glued to it! I forgot how much I liked it and the guys in the old band din't like wah at all so woo hoo!

Here's mine. Pretty simple setup.

5692036834_233f2ecebb_b.jpg

I like it but you must add a wah, I suggest the MXR/CAE 404 wah, that's what I'm buying if I ever replace mine.

Here's my current board. Dark day inside, too bright outside. Best I could do with a crappy camera. I could actually use a better Delay. And if I could, a decent chorus/detune. Frame is a Pedaltrain IISC. I just didn't take it out of the case.

pedalboard-oct2011-kle.jpg

Nice rig but what is in the little pouch with the buckle and what is the little line6 box?

Wireless?

Line6 Relay 30, yep.

Aah, I need to upgrade my wireless and that is one of the ones I was looking at, didn't recognize it with the transmitter all covered up though. Since starting this band it seems like I'm glued to a mike/pedal board. Might not need a lot of range now.

Trouble, if you get the Line6 Relay 30 I can hook you up on the pouch. My singer sells tactical gear, and that pouch is perfect for the transmitter. I like being wireless, even tho' I'm pretty much locked into the mic/board thing like you. But it gives me the chance to get out front, check vols, levels, mix, etc.

Katy, T nailied it. The Dano is the delay. It's pretty cool for costing $20. Does all it should. But, being that it only cost $20 I'm constantly second guessing if I couldn't/shouldn't find something more expensive. More $$s = better ... right? :)

Trouble, if you get the Line6 Relay 30 I can hook you up on the pouch. My singer sells tactical gear, and that pouch is perfect for the transmitter. I like being wireless, even tho' I'm pretty much locked into the mic/board thing like you. But it gives me the chance to get out front, check vols, levels, mix, etc.

Katy, T nailied it. The Dano is the delay. It's pretty cool for costing $20. Does all it should. But, being that it only cost $20 I'm constantly second guessing if I couldn't/shouldn't find something more expensive. More $$s = better ... right? :)

Deal, if I do snag one I'll let you know!

What's that going to do for the wah?

There are actually a few different inductors used in wah pedals. The Italian manufacturer Fasel( now owned by Dunlop I think) makes a couple that were used in some of the early wahs. There is a red and a yellow. The yellow is basically the vintage wah, and the red is a little smoother and darker. There is also the one they call the "stack of dimes" (I think it might have been the origanal) and a newer one hand made by an individual called the "whipple" inductor. All promise to give you the best sounding wah ever of course.

Actually, it makes a difference although a very subtle one. My wah can sound a little harsh at times although it is a lot better than when it was stock, and I'm thinking the Red Fasel will smooth it out just a bit.

For referance, Keeley uses both a yellow and red (switchable between the two) in his mellow wah, as does the MXR/CAE 404.

post-2556-0-72967600-1318562628_thumb.jpg

This is scheduled for a big overhaul and I'm creating a second, non-synth board too.

Signal chain:

Non-Synth setup: TC Polytune -> Keeley Vox Wah -> MXR Dyna Comp -> EH Germanium -> MXR Custom Shop Phase 90 -> (FUZZ FACE IF USED) -> MXR Carbon Copy -> (AC-3 IF USED) -> JamMan Stereo

If I'm playing a synth guitar the GR-20 replaces the Polytune in the chain.

For my new board, I'll prolly do

Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Ernie Ball volume pedal -> Keeley Cry Baby -> Zendrive -> Keeley Phaser -> Keeley Chorus

post-2556-0-72967600-1318562628_thumb.jpg

This is scheduled for a big overhaul and I'm creating a second, non-synth board too.

Signal chain:

Non-Synth setup: TC Polytune -> Keeley Vox Wah -> MXR Dyna Comp -> EH Germanium -> MXR Custom Shop Phase 90 -> (FUZZ FACE IF USED) -> MXR Carbon Copy -> (AC-3 IF USED) -> JamMan Stereo

If I'm playing a synth guitar the GR-20 replaces the Polytune in the chain.

For my new board, I'll prolly do

Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Ernie Ball volume pedal -> Keeley Cry Baby -> Zendrive -> Keeley Phaser -> Keeley Chorus

Jack, before you mount the Ernie Ball check this out. Tech FAQ from JHS Pedals on Volume Pedals I just had them do their Ernie Ball Mod to mine and it makes a WHOPPING difference. Made a believer out of me.

Guest HRB853370
:icon_scratch: This is my "pedal-board". Don't need anything else. Oh, and btw, I do have a few "stompboxes" in my basement! Guitar effects boxes are "not pedalled". They are stomped on. With the foot. Therefore, they are termed "footswitches" or "stompboxes". I vote we quit calling them pedalboards or pedals. It is just wrong.

post-2130-0-97056500-1318592268_thumb.jpg

:icon_scratch: This is my "pedal-board". Don't need anything else. Oh, and btw, I do have a few "stompboxes" in my basement! Guitar effects boxes are "not pedalled". They are stomped on. With the foot. Therefore, they are termed "footswitches" or "stompboxes". I vote we quit calling them pedalboards or pedals. It is just wrong.

All of my effects pedals are inside stompboxes!

Archived