Heritage Owners Club

Built myself another fancy smancy new amp

kbp810

Currently looking at the Eminence Patriot Canis Major and Eminence Red Coat Private Jack to have a mix of ceramic and AlNiCo as well as having one speaker that breaks up a bit sooner with a Brit sound as opposed to a slow break up with an American sound. Both speakers are very loud, indeed. I am sure they will fulfill my wants and needs but that is on paper. In amp.... that may be a different story. :D

I looked at those a little pricey for me right now. I'm thinking the Weber signature series is good enough for me, I was also thinking about replacing two of the tens in my Super Reverb with alnico's that would give me two 8 ohm tens to play with as well. but I don't know, got a gig for new years that pays pretty good, after that probably gonna be looking for a new amp. Might just go ahead and get the head and then build a cab after a couple more gigs, not sure yet.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at those a little pricey for me right now. I'm thinking the Weber signature series is good enough for me, I was also thinking about replacing two of the tens in my Super Reverb with alnico's that would give me two 8 ohm tens to play with as well. but I don't know, got a gig for new years that pays pretty good, after that probably gonna be looking for a new amp. Might just go ahead and get the head and then build a cab after a couple more gigs, not sure yet.

well, you can get the Starlite loaded with about any speaker. We are looking for 'standard' speaker where the buyer has no preference.

He'll be ready as soon as you give him a deposit! :icon_sunny:

...that and the working proto chassis has to be built and tested and so on... but yeah. Otherwise. :D

I think the prototype chassis are being sent to him today. His build time beyond that... I don't know. Once he gets one built, he is sending that one to me and I will put them in some mock-up cabinets loaded with Eminence speakers. From there, I will kick it around a bit and send it back to him with any comments. From there I can imagine they'd be available for sale. That's me thinking out loud. You'd have to ask him though.

I think the prototype chassis are being sent to him today. His build time beyond that... I don't know. Once he gets one built, he is sending that one to me and I will put them in some mock-up cabinets loaded with Eminence speakers. From there, I will kick it around a bit and send it back to him with any comments. From there I can imagine they'd be available for sale. That's me thinking out loud. You'd have to ask him though.

Hell if you just need it tested send it to me! I'll thrash it!

Keep me posted, really, I'm not quite in the market yet but working towards it, the Starlight does sound almost exactly like what I was looking for.

Archived