Heritage Owners Club

NGD Coming to A Swamp Near Me!

602a

or a 150 from ... Brent???

That a boy dbetts you know your Heritages. She's on the way from Brent to Swampland. I was in the process of getting her when Brent got her. He was kind enough to give me first crack ( pun on neck ) when he sold her. She's coming with original parts with pups out. She will get a wiring upgrade and new Faber bridge, Tulip tuners and new pup's. Still not sure what I'm gonna use in her. Ebony boards call for something special. Any suggestion's? Will keep updates on her progress. You know it's close to Halloween and these's no telling what she may become.

post-2267-0-93502600-1319208348_thumb.jpgThanks again Brent

She will get a wiring upgrade and new Faber bridge, Tulip tuners and new pup's. Still not sure what I'm gonna use in her. Ebony boards call for something special. Any suggestion's?

These?

pu_hum_blade1.jpg

http://www.vintagevibeguitars.com/windows/hum_bladeWin.html

I'm interested in trying them in a standard LP-style (I have the normal-sized version in the neck of my newest guitar from Benford that is great). I think it would be pretty cool in an H-150 myself.

Yea that's it. Gonna go ahead and age it. Looking at Sheptone Blue Skys

I have a set of the Blue Sky pickups in an Amber H-150 that I also got from Brent and I like em a lot. It took a while to get them after I ordered them. I'm thinking it was about 6 weeks or so. Anyway enjoy your new goldtop... It's a keeper for sure!

Made the Pup choice and the winner is, Wolfetone Marshallhead in bridge and Dr. Vintage in neck. Wole's winding the neck a little stronger to smooth out the brightness of the Ebony fingerboard.

post-2267-0-00751300-1319638939_thumb.jpg

Ok She's finished and ready to Faux Dodo in the swamps. New Wolftone pickups, new caps and pots. New Faber bridge and 59 tailpiece. She plays really well and has a really smooth sound with the Wolfe's pickups. Thanks again Brentpost-2267-0-90897600-1320193628_thumb.jpg

post-2267-0-22669300-1320193666_thumb.jpg

post-2267-0-03972500-1320193699_thumb.jpg No covers added to this one!

Guest HRB853370

Ok, out of curiousity, what led you to choose the bridge and tailpiece you did? I never heard of those brands, only Tonepros who everybody seems to rave about. And those pickups- haven't heard of them either- from Wolfe Guitars? That gold is very stunning btw.

Ok, out of curiousity, what led you to choose the bridge and tailpiece you did? I never heard of those brands, only Tonepros who everybody seems to rave about. And those pickups- haven't heard of them either- from Wolfe Guitars? That gold is very stunning btw.

I have Faber Guitar locking bridges and tailpieces on every guitar. I played one with them a year ago and they are unreal. The brass saddles in the bridge is sweet. They are made in Germany and sold here thru Faber- CV Guitars check them out. Wolfetone pickups are hand wound by Wolfe Macleod. Check his site. I'm only using WCR and Wolfetones. Oh I have one set of Sheptone's too. All amazing pickups. They will wind any sound you want. Wolfe overwound my Dr. Vintage bridge to take some brightness out of Ebony fingerboard on this Gold Top.

Ok She's finished and ready to Faux Dodo in the swamps. New Wolftone pickups, new caps and pots. New Faber bridge and 59 tailpiece. She plays really well and has a really smooth sound with the Wolfe's pickups. Thanks again Brentpost-2267-0-90897600-1320193628_thumb.jpg

post-2267-0-22669300-1320193666_thumb.jpg

post-2267-0-03972500-1320193699_thumb.jpg No covers added to this one!

Yea she looks different with no covers and pickguard.

That is good looking rascal, although I am partial to goldtops at the moment. Are you sure the fretboard is ebony, looks like rosewood in the pics????

Now that you have played her for a while what do you think of the pickup selection?

Archived