Heritage Owners Club

While I only spent about 15 minutes in the store, I acquired a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15 from Guitar Center. The amp is tweed covered, two channel, spring reverb, and tremolo. Amp is heavy and has a nice rich tone to it. Speaker is Peavey's Blue Marvel and the tubes are EH in the preamp and JJ's in the power stage. The tube guard and tube holders are on this as well. So far the tone is very Fender-ish. Similar to the Deluxe Reverb, except it has a mid control as well as a mid boost circuit. Preamp gain gets really dirty, but the amp sounds great clean or dirty with both a Stratocaster and a Les Paul. More to come, hopefully with some clips.

Congratulations! They are solid all-tube amps with several tone options. Owning one, the only cautionary tale I offer is that they are loud. Hopefully, you'll be able to tame that beast.

Guest HRB853370

Congratulations! They are solid all-tube amps with several tone options. Owning one, the only cautionary tale I offer is that they are loud. Hopefully, you'll be able to tame that beast.

Yes, blueox, that is why yours will eventually be coming my way!

Yes, blueox, that is why yours will eventually be coming my way!

What? I can't hear you. These old man's ears are ringing. I must've had the Delta Blues up past 3 again . . .

Guest HRB853370

What? I can't hear you. These old man's ears are ringing. I must've had the Delta Blues up past 3 again . . .

Maybe its the 15" speaker. My 210 doesnt get loud until around 6 or 7. Or maybe my ears are shot.

Maybe its the 15" speaker. My 210 doesnt get loud until around 6 or 7. Or maybe my ears are shot.

Do you hear that DBlues? BLUES! DID YOU HEAR THAT???

I've been playing this amp for the past couple hours. It really sounds great. Both the 140 and the Stratocaster were awesome. Even at low volume, it still rocks. I'm not sure if I need my Boss Powerstack anymore. The clean is ultra clean no matter how loud I was, the gain is rather good, not Marshall like, but somewhere between Vox and Fender dirty gain. Only a few issues. Tremolo is nowhere as good as the KBP RD, reverb is hard to notice when you have the dirty channel on, and there is no standby switch. It's nota kBP amp, but it really works for me.

Congratulations! I have had it's little brother, a Classic 30 for a number of years now. Great amps. As good as it is stock, you may want to try a different speaker down the line. I have a Weber Blue Dog in mine, and it turned it into a whole 'nother beast. These are built like a tank, too, so don't lose any sleep over that whole "PCB is unreliable" thing. Will it take a dump SOMEDAY?! Probably, but not for a long time if you take care of it. So get it fixed or go buy a new one. The only thing I'd say is that it's a good thing you are a Big Boy, because those things look HEAVY! (Oh crap, here come the comments about what a wus I am!! :laughing9: )

Congratulations! I have had it's little brother, a Classic 30 for a number of years now. Great amps. As good as it is stock, you may want to try a different speaker down the line. I have a Weber Blue Dog in mine, and it turned it into a whole 'nother beast. These are built like a tank, too, so don't lose any sleep over that whole "PCB is unreliable" thing. Will it take a dump SOMEDAY?! Probably, but not for a long time if you take care of it. So get it fixed or go buy a new one. The only thing I'd say is that it's a good thing you are a Big Boy, because those things look HEAVY! (Oh crap, here come the comments about what a wus I am!! :laughing9: )

The Delta Blues and Classic 30 are the same amps according to Peavey's forum. The primary difference is the Delta Blues has a bigger speaker and tremolo. All the "mods" I found for the amp explain the amp being the exact same circuits. Also, from what I read the amp was well built and has been in existance for over 15 years. As for a being able to handle the near 60 lb amp, I guess that's the difference between officers and enlisted. Enlisted soliders can handle manual labor... :icon_salut::icon_santa:

I just heard one of these yesterday... sorry for not mentioning it....

but WOW. This is a damn good sounding amp.

I will admit, outside of the original 5150 amps, I wrote Peavey off as a brand I wasn't interested in. Their USA stuff is pretty good and I think the Classic line might be their best in my ears.

I liked their Valveking series, but they are made in China and prone to failure. I also wrote off Peavey, but I've seen a lot of people on the HOC with Peavey Classic amps and decided to look back into them. I checked a lot of videos on youtube and asked the actual owners of the amp (not the demo, one and done guys) if they still have the amp and what do they still think of it a year or more after they posted the video. Not one negative reply. I've often heard about tube and speaker replacement too. Both the Valveking and Classic series owners recommend this. At the moment, I'm going to stick with what I have. There are EH preamp tubes and JJ power tubes. Speaker is still the stock Blue Marvel, but it does sound good so far. The amp never gets "farty" and just gets super thick. I rather like it. Best part was, I played the amp when my son and wife were reading a book and there were no shouts downstairs to turn it down. Awesome!

I've been playing this amp for the past couple hours. It really sounds great. Both the 140 and the Stratocaster were awesome. Even at low volume, it still rocks. I'm not sure if I need my Boss Powerstack anymore. The clean is ultra clean no matter how loud I was, the gain is rather good, not Marshall like, but somewhere between Vox and Fender dirty gain. Only a few issues. Tremolo is nowhere as good as the KBP RD, reverb is hard to notice when you have the dirty channel on, and there is no standby switch. It's nota kBP amp, but it really works for me.

My C-30 doesn't have a standby either..thought I'd miss it..but i don't..Remember you can mic that puppy on stage..It'll sound great!! Plus you can lose the earplugs..

Archived