Heritage Owners Club

Ahoyyyy Mateeee!

brentrocks

Very sweet looking guitar.

If you get the mood to change things up a bit, Pete Moreno has an alternative wiring scheme that gives three volumes and one tone. It's different than the Frampton wiring and allows some unique blending. It also allows splitting any and all pups. It's called the Baxter-Koontz harness.

http://www.ibanezcol...e;topic=26046.0

I forgot this is you, Brent. You could do the mods yourself.

that would be a cool mod....but i look inside there now and it is way over my head. i can do two pups, 4 standard pots, toggle and jack.....but push/pulls and mins, etc....i'm not that good yet :icon_smile:

I'm not sure Brent wants to do it, but he would be well served with Pete.

I asked Ren to wire my triple bucker H157. I wanted a Phat Cat in the middle and the other two Schallers split. We emailed back and forth a bit. He then asked me to call Chuck (I think?) at Heritage. Chuck talked to me then talked to Ren. They contacted Pete, and Pete had the wiring diagram. So off I went to Pete.

No wiring system is perfect. The flaw with the Baxter-Koontz is that there is not a linear blend of each pup. In other words as you go up on the middle it starts to attenuate the others. Nonetheless, after a little while you get used to it and it's great. I don't know if it's worth it if you are simply blending three of the same pickups. But when you coil split or blend in a P-90 sound, it's some treat.

Brent's new white whale is actually a 147. But now you've got me thinking... :icon_smile:

The solution for the wiring issue is solved with a third row of volume/tone pot controls AND a big old honkin' switch.

Remember the Gibson Switchmaster?

like this?

slash-signature-model-close-up.jpg

Archived