Heritage Owners Club

Paging Yoslate......

Kuz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know whether the site has been up and down, up and down, or they've outed me at work and blocked it?  Could string you along with some sort of dog and pony show, but I'll shoot straight.  After three emails with Ren, I'm expecting to hear any minute that the Super's at Jay's.  If I don't hear by Friday, I'll email Ren at the weekend or call Bill on Monday morning.  Friend of mine, in order to get my goat, suggested the box turned out so well, they plan to send it to NAMM, and not tell me!  Pretty funny!  So when is NAMM, anyway...?              ???

They won't send it to NAMM, bro. You've been through more than enough. Just a suggestion, Slate: You could ask Jay to upgrade your shipping to Express, or even 24 hr.  Might be well worth the extra $$$. Also, I'm convinced Heritage is turning out the nicest stuff they ever have now, based on what I've seen. You seen that 23'rd anniversary 535?  Enough to make a rabbit hug a hound!

Thanks for the interest, guys!  It's been a long, and at times very frustrating, wait.  But I just have implicit faith that the boys in Kalamazoo will do me right on this.  The box may need a bit of tweezing at Jay's and when I get it home, but that's just alright, too.  I think AnH is right about what's coming out of Parsons Street just now; have you guys been putting the hard eye on the pieces on Jay's G-base site?  In thirty years this work will be among the most desireable instruments (note that I've intentionally avoided the word "collectable" for all that currently implies) on the planet!  Hang on to 'em, fellas; we're on to something!       

But I just have implicit faith that the boys in Kalamazoo will do me right on this.

I hope your guitar is perfect yoslate.  You've had so much time to build up the image of a guitar straight from heaven

that it would be a real bummer if something wasn't right.  But it probably won't be perfect, they never are, so hopefully

it'll be something minor.

Paul P

I hope your guitar is perfect yoslate.  You've had so much time to build up the image of a guitar straight from heaven

that it would be a real bummer if something wasn't right.  But it probably won't be perfect, they never are, so hopefully

it'll be something minor.

Paul P

No hand made guitar is perfect in terms of finish, but in terms or tone & mojo....

I've seen Yoslate's guitar and he's gonna likey!!

Thanks, boys!  Waiting to hear from Ren, as we speak.  I don't know how I'd have endured this thirteen-month-to-the-day wait without the distraction, humor, and support of the forum and all of the good guys on it!!!                8)

No hand made guitar is perfect in terms of finish, but in terms or tone & mojo....

I've seen Yoslate's guitar and he's gonna likey!!

Kuz,you actually saw Yoslate's Super Eagle gitfiddle?! 

Man, where was your camera???????  ???  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Did you get to closely check it out or was it hanging in a stand among other soon to be released hostages?

Kuz,you actually saw Yoslate's Super Eagle gitfiddle?! 

Man, where was your camera???????  ???   :this_thread_is_useless_withou

Did you get to closely check it out or was it hanging in a stand among other soon to be released hostages?

Yep, maybe my Groovemaster was chained next to Yos' Super! Good thing I already have my own Super Eagle to keep me busy in the meantime. 

"Been waiting for the TP's from Germany.

Should be in by next Wednesday."

Well, there's the text of Ren's response to my latest inquiry, the last suggested shipping date having come and gone.  I'm assuming "TP's" refers to tuning pegs?  Anybody else have a guess?  I love these guys.  Dealing with them, and having heard of the trials and tribulations of others (Kuz, ingeneri, et. al.) has given me insight into just what must go on inside that vaunted building, with those guys.  And I'm more convinced than ever that it largely consists of all that speculation I've read on the HOC, since I joined up last October.  It's about an habitual, ingrained way of doing things, warts and all, that is just about gone. About guys in a deep, deep groove, who probably couldn't change if they had to. About so many of the intangibles which so many of us have identified as what we love about these damned things!  And I really don't care about how long I have to wait anymore.  Once I get it, I'll never let this one go!

I'm assuming "TP's" refers to tuning pegs?  Anybody else have a guess?

Toilet paper.

Or...tailpieces.....TonePros.......Tent Poles.....just a thought

Other "TP" possibilities:

Tone Pots...

Tail Piece(s)...

TP6 Bridge...(Now wouldn't that look goofy on a Super Eagle?!)

Trampoline Parts...(For Heritage factory employee recess activities!)

Trailer Park...(For Pilgrims visiting the Heritage factory)

OK, I'll go back to sleep now.  :wink:

Tobacco Paint????

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;D Keep on them. The Squeaky Wheel.....

YOslate, Buddy

i saw your guitar today...worth the wait pal!!!!

i was helping Vince & Rendal get a t-shirt order around for NAMM (t-shirt shop is 3 blocks away, how ironic)...we were eating lunch in the setup room and i asked Ren which one was yours.  it is absoloutly stunning!!!!  you will be very pleased!!!

i'm not telling you this to be a dick (or to tease, i'm not that cruel), just to let you know you are getting your $$$$s worth.

TP = tail piece

Archived