Heritage Owners Club

Guess which Heritage made this sound file!

MartyGrass

First, I did not do this recording. I could not play this well. I barely figured out how to post it from reverbnation.

To help you guess, the strings are Elixir Polyweb 10s.

Here's how to play the game. 1. Listen to the sound file. 2. Guess the guitar. It was made at Heritage.

The choices begin with hollow, semihollow or solid body. Tomorrow I'll give the right answer. Then we get into which model in the category.

Some of you will know which class of guitar it is right away. But can you tell the woods and the pickups? Hmmm.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11569306

Here's what the player wrote:

My project on this new CD was to play live, just guitar and bass, with no edits of any kind. We sat on 2 stools facing each other during the sessions, with two mikes facing in opposite directions. The the bass was fed directly into the board and the Roland 60 guitar amp was miked with a ribbon mike.

All 18 tracks were recorded in this manner. If we made one mistake, the entire take was erased, just like in the old days.

The track I sent you was an easy, kind of throw away, feel good piece. There are other, more intense tracks, but the entire CD has a good feel to it, thanks in part to the way it was mixed.

I'll go right to the full answer.

I didn't title this tune but did find "D'Angelico" misleading.

This guitar is exactly as it left the factory except the strings. It was run through a solid state, mass produced amp with no pedals using the neck pickup.

Frankly, I was surprised when I learned which guitar made this music. In retrospect I shouldn't be. This is a great sounding guitar that now resides in the Detroit area.

KGrHqRhQE2egKZ2VBNviqcw4w_3.jpg

I'll go right to the full answer.

I didn't title this tune but did find "D'Angelico" misleading.

This guitar is exactly as it left the factory except the strings. It was run through a solid state, mass produced amp with no pedals using the neck pickup.

Frankly, I was surprised when I learned which guitar made this music. In retrospect I shouldn't be. This is a great sounding guitar that now resides in the Detroit area.

KGrHqRhQE2egKZ2VBNviqcw4w_3.jpg

Did Rhoads end up with this one?

I was going to be a contrarian and guess that it was done on an H-150. Not like Mr. Paul himself didn't do plenty of that stuff :)

I thought of that myself..But the tone was too airy..

Archived