Heritage Owners Club

H-525s

skydog52

Would you please give me some input on this model.

What is the actual rim thickness.

For those that own one, your opinions.

Thanks

Specs are confusing on thickness

H525 Specifications :

24 3/4” scale

Neck : 17 degree peghead pitch; one-piece mahogany neck joins the body at the 15th fret.

Fingerboard : 20 fret dot rosewood fingerboard.

Body : Single cutaway, Laminated cream bound curly maple top and back, hollow body with solid maple rim.

Body Size :

Rim Thickness – 1 5/8” ?

Body Width – 16" with 2 1/4" rim ?

Body Length - 20 1/4"

Electronics : Two Lollar Dog-eared P-90 pickups.

Color shown : Old Style Sunburst

Heritage H525 Thinline Archtop specs: One piece maple neck with single cream bound headstock. 24 3/4" scale with 20 frets, single cream bound rosewood fingerboard with MOP dot inlays. Neck measures 1-11/16" at the nut. Body features single florentine cutaway with laminate maple back and rims, laminate maple top with floating center block and single cream binding. Rim thickness is 2 1/4".

Anything other than the above would be a custom order...or an error on the Heritage website. :icon_smile:

Heritage H525 Thinline Archtop specs: One piece maple neck with single cream bound headstock. 24 3/4" scale with 20 frets, single cream bound rosewood fingerboard with MOP dot inlays. Neck measures 1-11/16" at the nut. Body features single florentine cutaway with laminate maple back and rims, laminate maple top with floating center block and single cream binding. Rim thickness is 2 1/4".

Anything other than the above would be a custom order...or an error on the Heritage website. :icon_smile:

What he said.... +1

Paul, I KNOW you would love a 525; they are awesome guitars, and LIGHT! I wasn't sure Steiner was going to give mine back to me at PSPIV; I sat and listened to the musical encyclopedia play song after song on mine acoustically on the Friday night jam back at the hotel. Plugged in?! Aye Carumba!

You can tell when you're capitalizing on a guitar; the owner starts moving closer, then leans in... There are times when even that tactic doesn't register with the player. Such was the case with Schundog's ax. The longer I played, the stronger it evoked a response from me. I just couldn't put that bad boy down. Had we plugged it in, I probably would still be there.

Yea, SkyDog52, the one I played played me.

Guest HRB853370

The 525 is at the very top of my Heritage want list.

Mine too.

You should alert Ren to this. He likes to know when the web site has errors.

Paul, I KNOW you would love a 525; they are awesome guitars, and LIGHT! I wasn't sure Steiner was going to give mine back to me at PSPIV; I sat and listened to the musical encyclopedia play song after song on mine acoustically on the Friday night jam back at the hotel. Plugged in?! Aye Carumba!

You DOG shundog! I never paid attention that you owned a 525! And no pickguard? Whats up with that? Was this a custom order and when did you get it (and where)? Sorry for being so nosey. You are a fortunate man to own a 525. They are out of my price range (for now). I'd have to sell a Harley to get one!

Mine too.

You should alert Ren to this. He likes to know when the web site has errors.

You DOG shundog! I never paid attention that you owned a 525! And no pickguard? Whats up with that? Was this a custom order and when did you get it (and where)? Sorry for being so nosey. You are a fortunate man to own a 525. They are out of my price range (for now). I'd have to sell a Harley to get one!

Hey, Will, I got my 525 right here, VERY slightly used from our own MartyGrass right after PSPIII. The good Doctor made me a great deal on it, and it is my most cherry condition Heritage! X serial #, OSB, and set up like a dream. Steiner asked me "Who'd you have set this thing up?!" I told him that I simply took off the heavier strings MG had on it, put D'Dario .10s on it, and tweaked the truss rod/bridge slightly, and that was it, and he looked at me like I had robbed Fort Knox. It's a great guitar.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/schundog/PSPIII132.jpg[/img]"]http://PSPIII132.jpg

I miss my 525....i ned to make it my misson to get one in 2012

Ha! It was seeing your OLD one, Randy's 525 that made me fall in love. Hearing it was certainly the iceing on the cake! I just can't make mine SOUND like Randy's, haha.

Make it a mission to GET one, AND THE KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For at least a month or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! It was seeing your OLD one, Randy's 525 that made me fall in love. Hearing it was certainly the iceing on the cake!

Why Brent, you're always welcome to visit your 'ol 525 :) It's getting a good turn in the current rotation - used it both at sat morn jam and at saturday night gig (what a different event that was, too).

Yo Brian - that was a fun PSP Saturday! But ya know, it was the HOC-ettes that really made that tune! :laughing9:

Guest HRB853370

Brent-face it, your just not an archtop kind of guy!! Would Ace Frehley play a 525? NOT!

Guest HRB853370

Hey, Will, I got my 525 right here, VERY slightly used from our own MartyGrass right after PSPIII. The good Doctor made me a great deal on it, and it is my most cherry condition Heritage! X serial #, OSB, and set up like a dream. Steiner asked me "Who'd you have set this thing up?!" I told him that I simply took off the heavier strings MG had on it, put D'Dario .10s on it, and tweaked the truss rod/bridge slightly, and that was it, and he looked at me like I had robbed Fort Knox. It's a great guitar.

http://PSPIII132.jpg

Your killing me Brian, absolutely killing me with that photo. That is THE finish I love. Well, I love Gitfiddlers SSB too. But I need to find me one like that. If you ever think about umm, well, I know you won't but if you ever do think about, umm, the S word, umm, please PM ME!!

Archived