Heritage Owners Club

Let's See Your 150

VJonathan

Gorgeous 150 buelabones, and 7.5 lbs!  I hope the three I have on order are delivered at that weight.

However,  this show is far from over.  There too many of you out there that have yet to post pictures.

We are all patiently waiting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the odd one out here? Don't really care for the color scheme? Or is that just my screen? Then again, I am officially color blind.  :undecided: I'm sure it's a player, tho'.

Am I the odd one out here? Don't really care for the color scheme? Or is that just my screen? Then again, I am officially color blind.  :undecided: I'm sure it's a player, tho'.

Keep in mind that bursts almost always look better in person than they do in photographs.  It is very difficult to get the lighting just right for a multi-color burst so that the colors blend like they do in person.  The physics of photography (capturing photons at one particular instant) almost always make the colors look like distinct bands and not blended.  Slower shutter speeds work better, but then you need to be on a tripod, have the aperture opened up which cuts down the depth of field, &c.

Yup, what mr. seacup said... I've seen some nice pics of guitar finishs, but I've not been able to capture them.  Here's my sunset burst, SD59s, vintage bridge, excellent craftsmanship!

width=360 height=480http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/100_0909.jpg[/img]

width=360 height=480http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/100_0912.jpg[/img]

width=472 height=480http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/100_0910.jpg[/img]

I also don't care for the color. The blue going into the yellow just doesn't do it for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, what mr. seacup said... I've seen some nice pics of guitar finishs, but I've not been able to capture them.  Here's my sunset burst, SD59s, vintage bridge, excellent craftsmanship!

width=360 height=480http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/100_0909.jpg[/img]

Almost looks too shiny to be real nitro.  What polish do you use? Virtuoso?

Oh, and what brand pickguard/switch ring did you buy?  I bought a Gibson, but it's too dark-yellowy of a cream for me.

Hey, nice pic of a nice goldtop.  Bet the WCRs sound awesome in it.  The shiny-ness on my pic is just that it was outside w/too much direct sunlight - haven't used any polish on it.  Except for the pickups (bare knuckles) the pickguard/switch ring etc are all stock Heritage.

Hey, nice pic of a nice goldtop.  Bet the WCRs sound awesome in it.  The shiny-ness on my pic is just that it was outside w/too much direct sunlight - haven't used any polish on it.  Except for the pickups (bare knuckles) the pickguard/switch ring etc are all stock Heritage.

Man, that this is beautiful.  I love the wood grain on that top too.  Flame is great, but what I REALLY like is that birdseye woodgrain.

but i will dock you a couple points for the aftermarket switch ring and pickguard...  :wink:

rock on sir 

Here are mine. The H575 didn't want to feel left out, so I included it here as well.

On the left: 2007 LW in Burnt Amber; Seth Lover pups.      Center: 2006 Custom in Dark Almond Burst; Schaller pups.            On the right: 2006 in Chestnut Burst; Lollar P90 pups.         

Family.JPG

Family.JPG_thumb

... must not look at pretty P90 150s....    must not look at pretty P90 150s...      must not look at pretty P90 150s.

You guys are KILLING my pocketbook!! 

Nice guits, TSteel! 

truth be told there was no way this one was going anywhere but home with me ...  8)

H150CMLW.jpg  H150.jpg

Hey, wasn't that the H150 from your shop's website?!   ???

As a dealer with the first shot at whatever comes in, what made you select that particular H150?   

Also, I just gots to know more about that beautiful Mesa Dual Rectifier lurking behind your git and teasing us in your avatar.   8)

If I ever get down to Paso Robles I'll drop in.  Wait, you are located on the San Andreas FAULT LINE!!  Now I get it.  Doh!! :rolleyes:

Hey, wasn't that the H150 from your shop's website?! 

As a dealer with the first shot at whatever comes in, what made you select that particular H150?   

Also, I just gots to know more about that beautiful Mesa Dual Rectifier lurking behind your git and teasing us in your avatar. 

If I ever get down to Paso Robles I'll drop in.  Wait, you are located on the San Andreas FAULT LINE!!  Now I get it.  Doh!!

Yes... that was from our first shipment.  I have a bad habit of collecting one special axe each time I bring in a new vendor.  Drives my wife nutty but it is kind of a momento to running the store and watching it grow.  Every time I pick it up or look at it it has a special meaning to me.  This particular 150 just spoke to me - time and time again for first two weeks we had it - it just kept saying "take me home".  The weight was definitely something that initially attracted me to it - as well as the color - not the most premium top of the lot but those seth lovers and the tone through my amp is insane!

My amp is a dual rec roadster - another "just got to have it" once I had it designed in my head.  If you are not familiar with the roadster it has 2 Clean and 2 Distortion channels - each with 3 different tonal selections so its kinda like 12 amps in one w/o digital modeling - just different gain structure.  It is a very open platform with regards to each channel. Selections for each channel are 50/100 Watts, Independent reverb level, selectable diode or rectifier tube signal path and FX loop on/off.  I can get just about anything I'm after with it.  I like the diodes on the distortion channels especially for punchy high gain lead stuff and the rectifier tubes on the cleans for a little more of that sag it brings. I had to wait almost 9 months to receive it as the premium grade woods are hard to come by.  I went with the private reserve quilted maple and a wicker grille - she rarely leaves the house - I had them put the old school "boogie" logo on rather than the newer "mesa engineering" plate as well for a nice touch. 

You are always welcome in Paso ... I can hook you up with some good winery deals as my wife is the wine club manager for one of the larger outfits here ....  the central coast is a beautiful place to visit with Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucos and Cambria just about 45 minutes away.

.... Drives my wife nutty but it is kind of a momento to running the store and watching it grow.  Every time I pick it up or look at it it has a special meaning to me.... I can hook you up with some good winery deals as my wife is the wine club manager for one of the larger outfits here ....  the central coast is a beautiful place to visit with Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, Cayucos and Cambria just about 45 minutes away.

So, you married "Up" too?!!

My wife may notice a new guitar on the stand, but she's never sure...  :angel:

Archived