Heritage Owners Club

other Git Forums and Heritage

heritagefan7

Honestly, I don't belong to or often visit other guitar forums. However, of late I have been doing some researc on guitars and through Yahoo/Google search results I have found myself reading posts on other forums a lot! to my GREA amazement, I rarel find a forum that somewhere along the line someone isn't talking abt HERITAGE GUITARS! Of course, some of those posts come from folks who are members here--but honestly, most I've seen don't..and like 99% are totally positive--the other 1% son't seem negative but maybe uniformed or uncommitted to a position.

Most of what I've seen is abt the hollow/semi hollow H gits, but I thought it was so awesome to see/hear some unsolicited positive reviews-thoughts abt the great artistry of the folks from K'zoo!

My experience also. I'm surprised that more of those folks don't show up here once in awhile. Or maybe they do and just don't post.

Take a look at some of the photo albums in the HOC gallery. Lots of photos uploaded by members who don't post. What gives ?

Shirley we're not that bad !

There is a headstock thread on the gear page, long as War and Peace...

Longer.

And I really don't get it. I always thought the headstock was just what it was; neither a positive or negative feature to me. It was just there. I never felt the need to defend it or even talk about it. I really just don't get all the controversy at all.

Maybe fanboys of another brand feel somehow threatened by Heritage, I don't know. Nor would I know why.

I just dig that others know how awesome Heritage is---Over and over I read that H is preferred to G or Ibanez, etc, esp in hollow/semi realm. I do kind'a laugh at the headstock thing though...Really? Has anybody ever looked at a D'Angelico?---Is it a bigger supposed to be better?---I like each of them, but to talk headstock only seems a little like a waste in light of the whole guitar package. HOWEVER--NOT TAKING THIS TREAD THT WAY!-----Just glad to see that there is what seems to be a friendly Heritage "underground" out there. That's just cool. I might have other guitars--and truly love them, but In my heart, if I had to pick any brand as MY brand--I gotta go Heritage (headstock and all)...(Although it's great that each can compliment the other & ALL MAKE MUSIC TOGETHER!)

I see Brent everywhere I go . I owe thanks to him directly for the G.A.S. pains and as I looked into it more and more it quickly becomes clear what an amazing group of men and women The Heritage Guitar company is .Brent is not unlike Santa or the Dalai Lama , perhaps they should make him the Patron Saint of Kalamazoo ?

I have the headstock issue when selling at the store, some will never buy another brand but Gibson or Fender. The most used excuse is lame too, the other brands don't have the resale value. I would never buy on that premise alone. We are selling Heritage rather well though.

I think all the custom high end guitars that are being made these days by other shops are helping alleviate headstock envy.

they've had to come up with their own designs, and finally it's no longer just Gibson/Fender that are perceived as high quality guitars by the uninitiated

most people I have met who "only buy Gibson or Fender" generally don't know much about guitars, or have just started playing. They know those two brands but aren't aware that there are lots of other mfrs out there making great stuff.

you get people who've shelled out a lot of cash for what they've been told is the best guitar out there, so naturally there's reluctance to concede that some other company could make something comparable

also I'm sure the internet has helped Heritage.....it's it's easier to find info on them, and even chat with other owners on BB's like this.

oh well..they're just guitars....I'd rather be playing than talking about them...and on that note, I'm gonna go plug in my H150 :good_mini:

I have the headstock issue when selling at the store, some will never buy another brand but Gibson or Fender. The most used excuse is lame too, the other brands don't have the resale value. I would never buy on that premise alone. We are selling Heritage rather well though.

I stopped by Motor City Guitars in Waterford Michigan to check out some G&Ls and was quite pleased to see that they've started carrying the Heritage brand. They had a couple fo 25th anniversary H-150s and an Alex Skolnick model hanging behind the counter at some pretty reasonable prices for those models.

Great store.

I agree with that to a point. None of us are going to bring the guitars to our grave with us though, so when it's time for selling most want to be able to do so and some of the boutique stuff , as good as it is, is very hard to sell. So I can understand most being vigilant in the brands name. You know your pretty safe with a gibson les paul or american fender stratocaster, but when you get into heritages and carvins ect ect, you have shrunken your resale crowd by about 97%

My point being is that resale shouldnt have anything to do with the buying choice, but i I see why it has to be. I dont want to pay 1200 for a guitar that hardly anyones heard of and then take a 400.00 loss later down the road and im sure no one else would either. Those factors will affect peoples buying decisions, and rightly so.

I agree with that to a point. None of us are going to bring the guitars to our grave with us though, so when it's time for selling most want to be able to do so and some of the boutique stuff , as good as it is, is very hard to sell. So I can understand most being vigilant in the brands name. You know your pretty safe with a gibson les paul or american fender stratocaster, but when you get into heritages and carvins ect ect, you have shrunken your resale crowd by about 97%

My point being is that resale shouldnt have anything to do with the buying choice, but i I see why it has to be. I dont want to pay 1200 for a guitar that hardly anyones heard of and then take a 400.00 loss later down the road and im sure no one else would either. Those factors will affect peoples buying decisions, and rightly so.

Well, just my opinion, I refuse to purchase out of fear of future resale. I bought the guitar. I paid for the guitar. I enjoyed the guitar. SO when I die, whatever the family gets for my collection is just a bonus to them.

My guitars are not a life insurance policy.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the last laugh will be on those that don't own a heritage when the prices go through the roof, which at some point, they will

There is a headstock thread on the gear page, long as War and Peace...

that's hysterical! don't those guys have something better to do, . . uh . . like, play guitar? :dontknow:

...I bought the guitar. I paid for the guitar. I enjoyed the guitar. SO when I die, whatever the family gets for my collection is just a bonus to them...

And then of course there are guys like me, who buy used generally, so appreciate that I can get a World class archtop at a workingman's price. In fact I had a G brand that looked just like my avatar pic but was an atrocious sounding (though expensive) example of a guitar with great "market value," but lousy performance (for me). I'd rather the ratio was opposite, so enjoy The Heritage offerings completely.

Anyone who is causing a guitar to be made (custom order) is making a guitar to be enjoyed today and for future players.

All of the hand made boutique builders, including Heritage, are making fab musical instruments. So don't worry about the headstocks.

Imagine the world of vintage guitars if Gibson or Fender had actively mad guitars to order back in the 50's.

Les Pauls with ebony finger boards, AAAAA flame tops and 5 piece necks. Fender Telecasters with ebony finger boards,

AAAAA flame necks and Abby hand wound pickups (oh wait Fender did make guitars with Abby hand wound pickups).

And speaking about pickups all you could get then was factory made pickup, which were pretty good, in fact so good that

there about a bazillion custom pickup winders still duplicating them today.

I actually ended up joining the Let'stalkGuild forum since I bought the new Guild. It seems like a great group of folks. Prob is, I can't keep from talking abt Heritages on the Guild forum!---The administrator is probably gonna kick me off soon!--Is this wrong? A great guitar is just a great guitar and a great company is just a great company and the HOC is just a model group IMO--No matter where you go! ---It's hard not to spread the word and blow the trumpet other places! I do however remain respectful and love the Guild guitar. It is a well made instrument. I'm sure I'll never find anything like Heritage anywhere else though---It's great to be able to share in something this special! OK--this is giving me GAS!....Hmmm...H150CM, VSB or AlSB or maybe SSB, flame top, Seth Lovers....

I actually ended up joining the Let'stalkGuild forum since I bought the new Guild. It seems like a great group of folks. ....

They are a great group over at L.T. Guild. A few former company employees post and Jim Deurloo was Guild plant superintendent from 1969-1974.

Patrick has been defending Heritage over on the Jazz Guitar Forum.

Along with the headstock debate there are a few uninformed assumptions that continue to pop up. The dumb Norlin arguement comes up from all the experts that can't be troubled to read about the McCarty Era Gibson and see Marv, Jim, Floyd and Ren were at Parson Street BEFORE and during the bursts and before the Firebirds and SGs. They choose not to believe when Gibson was owned by CMI and then Norlin, the employees did what they were told. So I assume in their workplace employees run things. I get the impression most people are using the internet to educate themself while a few insist on making others believe their assumptions or are retailers making up lies about a competitors products to make a sale.

Archived