Heritage Owners Club

Acoustic Simulator

Joe

We do a couple of songs that sound good with an acoustic tone, Into the Mystic and Change the World. I liked the tone I got from my 555, but not so much from my 157.I'm considering an acoustic simulator to serve this purpose, rather than brining another guitar. Any advice?

Guest HRB853370

post-2130-0-78337200-1329843688_thumb.jpg

I think Boss has an Acoustic Simulator. I am sure there are other brands too. Boss has always been an old reliable brand for me.

I have a Boss Acoustic Simulator on my board. It works great. There is a good youtube on it also, that demo's it. I would suggest you view it to see if it is to your liking.

post-2130-0-78337200-1329843688_thumb.jpg

I have a Boss Acoustic Simulator on my board. It works great. There is a good youtube on it also, that demo's it. I would suggest you view it to see if it is to your liking.

Saw a video on Musicians Friend. It did sound good. If you like yours, I'm giving it a try. Thanks Slammer.

Guest HRB853370

Saw a video on Musicians Friend. It did sound good. If you like yours, I'm giving it a try. Thanks Slammer.

No problem. I got mine used at Music Go Round, for around $30. It looked brand new! Check Ebay, there should be some good deals there. Good luck!

Yeah. In a pinch, Boss is old reliable. You may find a pedal for whatever effect that you like better ultimately, but when you need one, you can pretty well buy a Boss sound unheard and get something very usable.

Will is pretty particular... so..... if he says its good, then is probably a very good pedal.

Guest HRB853370

I have heard the those pedals sound better when running to either a seperate acoustic amp or directly to a PA....

It has two outputs, so you can run through two amps and dedicate one line to an acoustic amp. Good point DB.

Yeah. In a pinch, Boss is old reliable. You may find a pedal for whatever effect that you like better ultimately, but when you need one, you can pretty well buy a Boss sound unheard and get something very usable.

Will is pretty particular... so..... if he says its good, then is probably a very good pedal.

Thank for that Barry, I think I am!!

I have the Boss AC-3, which is the current Acoustic Simulator. It is EXTREMELY noisy, whether used with a battery or a Voodoo Pedal Power. The "noise" in this case comes from how it generates acoustic-sounding overtones. Oddly enough it seems slightly more convincing when you're using a single-coil guitar.

Guest HRB853370

I have the Boss AC-3, which is the current Acoustic Simulator. It is EXTREMELY noisy, whether used with a battery or a Voodoo Pedal Power. The "noise" in this case comes from how it generates acoustic-sounding overtones. Oddly enough it seems slightly more convincing when you're using a single-coil guitar.

Jack, that is the same one I have and you are correct it is quite noisy. Not sure why.

Joe - give it a listen, then gives your opinion - I'd like to know what you think of it.

I have a a built in version of the Boss Acoustic Simulator​in my Roland 80XL. (Boss is owned my Roland) I use it primarily for my rhythm tracks. Although I use the JC Clean channel for soloing I occasionally solo with the Acoustic Simulator. I like it a lot. I find it very useful.

Well I finally got a chance to test that Boss acoustic simulator and I'm happy with the results. I put it at the beginning of the signal chain and the line out to my PA. Once it's activated it defeats the guitar amp and has decent acoustic sound through the PA. I like the jumbo setting best. I also tried it through a 40 watt amp instead of the PA. That sounded good, but not as nice as through the PA. It did not sound good straight through the guitar amp, so using the line out is a must. All you need is this pedal and one extra guitar cord. Next time I play out I'm definetely using it. Hope this helps someone out.

I have heard the those pedals sound better when running to either a seperate acoustic amp or directly to a PA....

Never tried it but your probably right, running a standard acoustic into your typical guitar amp sounds like ka ka.

Archived