Heritage Owners Club

Ren Wall

StevenTari

I just wanted to give Mr. Ren Wall a public Thank You and I couldn't think of a better place to do it. I don't know who you other guys delt with to get your guitars but this man was there for me the whole way thrugh. The comments from the pictures of the building alone was something special, Plus I got to see some of the people as they were building it. The guitar came out exaclly the way I wanted, right down to the pickups. I'm learning the switch because my Zephyr didn.t have one. But I;ve started to get the feel for it as i'm exploring old ways of setting up my Zephyr, Between Ren Wall and Jay Wolfe I just want to say Thank You for building the guitar I have always dreamed of. THUMBS UP to both you Gentelmen.

Yes... Ren is beloved by all that have had the pleasure of meeting him in at the plant. That man needs to write a book with all of the stories that he has. He holds an esteemed place in the Heritage story.

And you couldn't ask to meet a finer group of people than those working at Parsons Street ... owners and all there.

Guest HRB853370

Yeah, Ren, Marv Jim and Bill (and JP), well, they ARE Heritage guitar company. Ren is the guy who most frequently answers the phone when you call. And he always closes at the end of the conversation, "which one would you like to order"? Gotta love that.

He is both a living legend in his own right, AND the son of a legend, former Gibson employee and local music star, Rem Wall. I agree on the need for him to write a book; I'd sure buy it!

As a youngster I visited Rem Wall's home to look at archtops and brought my future bride. There were some real Gibson beauties. Rem had been a Gibson employee and obviously took advantage in finding some of the best Gibson offered.

I came close to buying one of his guitars, and he was a good salesman and it was a fine L5. The real surprise in that visit was his story of how involved he was with Amway. It helped him get a plane.

one of the things about Ren that I have always loved is his down-to-earth nature, just like his dad in that regard. The Kings of the music world are at his beckon and though he himself could be fabulously rich and famous, he prefers to live a life with the real folks. For instance, his inventions could have garnered him untold riches (think: Les Paul) but he instead prefers to not pursue the headaches that would come with defending patents, etc., and instead labors at his craft and sharing the love of music. A world traveler, he describes the conditions of the average guitar factory worker in Asia or the far east in terms of how disposable they are to their employers and is a man of the common person. need a plane ticket to a golf event in Hawaii Ren? It's there at the ticket window. Comped. Not that he asks, but the world is truly his oyster. and yet, you'll find him at Parsons doing what he most loves to do. the old fret-filer. oh, and did i mention, he likes trains too? (like I do) and, he is a pilot too, I believe. But, a grandpa and husband first. Did I mention he plays guitar with the fluidity of, say, Willie Nelson? Check him out on the guitar or bass sometime..

I remember at PSP2 BigBob had a "European 7" (seven with a line through the middle) on his guitar case and Ren got the ass with him and told him to take it outside. I will never forget the look on Lance's face and how he was blurting out an answer about the "Fender F" on his case. Hahahaha........

While talking to Mr. Wall at PSP IV he was kind of giving me down the road about my Stat not being original. ( “down the road” is Southern Speak and is loosely translated as “yanking your chain” or “pulling your leg”).

I didn't realize it at first and I guess he saw the look on my face, and he took pity on me. He told me it was just missing the switch tips, everything else was completely original.

He also kindly offered to send me a set of replacement tips if I sent him a SASE, which of course I did. He sent them back in no time.

A couple of weeks after PSP IV, I purchased my 1988 Parsons Street. The tremelo (Floyd Rose) and humbucker (Seymore Duncan) did not appear to be original, and since it's painted I really couldn't tell what kind of wood was used. There were not a whole heck a lot of them made so there isn't too much info out there . So, I also sent a list of questions about the Parson Street to Ren. With an economy of words he took the time to answer all my questions.

That is exceptional customer service for someone who didn't even buy the guitar new from the factory.

Ren (and all the guys and girls) are a class act.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived