Heritage Owners Club

NAD- Fender Blues Jr. NOS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be patient. Remember, it's DB. Sooner or later, he'll feel the need for something different, and this one will be available once again. :clock:

Next time around it will be another KBP Reverb Deluxe.....

It irony is that I had a pretty nice Blues Jr. that I sold to buy the KBP Reverb Deluxe.

Life spirals on.

I'm going to order the mod kits for the Blues Jr. I did a side by side of the Blues Jr. to the Peavey Delta Blues. The Deltablues seemed to have a richer tone than the Blues Jr. The tone controls are more usable as you adjust them and immediately you can hear the differences. On the Blues Jr., tone adjustments do very little. Here's a run down of what I have on order with BillM:

Basic Kit (removes "boxy" tone)

Presence Control

High Voltage Preamp Mod

Switchcraft Input Jack ($10 is much for a $2.50 part)

Low Profile T0202 Output Transformer

Twin-Stack Mod

I'm going to order the mod kits for the Blues Jr. I did a side by side of the Blues Jr. to the Peavey Delta Blues. The Deltablues seemed to have a richer tone than the Blues Jr. The tone controls are more usable as you adjust them and immediately you can hear the differences. On the Blues Jr., tone adjustments do very little. Here's a run down of what I have on order with BillM:

Basic Kit (removes "boxy" tone)

Presence Control

High Voltage Preamp Mod

Switchcraft Input Jack ($10 is much for a $2.50 part)

Low Profile T0202 Output Transformer

Twin-Stack Mod

DB~ First of all, you will love the BillM mods. After owning my BJ for over 10 years I finally upgraded mine and it makes a world of difference...in a good way.

Secondly, if you do a side by side comparison of the lowly BJ to the mightly Delta Blues 15, you will definitely be disappointed in the Jr. The DB15 is a much fatter sounding amp with a totally different tone stack. Apples to Rhubarb comparison that would make anyone wish for more fromt the Blues Jr.

Enjoy each amp for what they are. Even after the BillM mods, your lowly Blues Jr., while sounding much better, will still not match the Peavey.

At first glance, I thought the BJ rather sounded really close to the Peavey. I used it Sunday for the band recordings. It came out rather nice. I have to settle down some of my soloing, but it really did sound good. I'm hoping the BillM mod's will turn the BJ into an amp I can use in smaller situations where a big heavy amp isn't practical.

There is only one problem so far when dealing with BillM. He's SLOW!!!! I placed my order last week and he still has not looked at the order yet. I'm sure he has a regular job on top of this, but this isn't the first time I've heard about him taking his time...

There is only one problem so far when dealing with BillM. He's SLOW!!!! I placed my order last week and he still has not looked at the order yet. I'm sure he has a regular job on top of this, but this isn't the first time I've heard about him taking his time...

I think he writes for a computer related magazine...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HRB853370

It irony is that I had a pretty nice Blues Jr. that I sold to buy the KBP Reverb Deluxe.

Life spirals on.

You moved up in the world!

Guest HRB853370

DB~ First of all, you will love the BillM mods. After owning my BJ for over 10 years I finally upgraded mine and it makes a world of difference...in a good way.

Secondly, if you do a side by side comparison of the lowly BJ to the mightly Delta Blues 15, you will definitely be disappointed in the Jr. The DB15 is a much fatter sounding amp with a totally different tone stack. Apples to Rhubarb comparison that would make anyone wish for more fromt the Blues Jr.

Enjoy each amp for what they are. Even after the BillM mods, your lowly Blues Jr., while sounding much better, will still not match the Peavey.

I like my Delta Blues. Made in Meridian, MS, home of the blues!!! It sounds much better on the floor too, than on that amp stand. My guitar player in my jazz project uses it when he comes over and really likes it, the clean tones he gets with his archtop.

I like my Delta Blues. Made in Meridian, MS, home of the blues!!! It sounds much better on the floor too, than on that amp stand. My guitar player in my jazz project uses it when he comes over and really likes it, the clean tones he gets with his archtop.

There are a lot of good tones in my Deltablues, but the Fender is so much easier to lug around. When did you finally pull yours off the stand?

Guest HRB853370

There are a lot of good tones in my Deltablues, but the Fender is so much easier to lug around. When did you finally pull yours off the stand?

I just moved it from one room to another, and trying it out on the floor. It will go back on the stand this evening when the jazz folks come by to rehearse.

Archived