Heritage Owners Club

Heritage similar to a white falcon

bolero

hey I saw this question posted on here earlier but it's gone now (?)

anyway I wanted to reply, because the purchase of my white millenium eagle was inspired by a white falcon...Neil Young's white falcon, in fact

the similarity struck me right away....and when I started my car to go check it out, a neil young song came on the radio

I was so blown away by the quality & feel ( I'd never seen a millie in real life before ) I had to have it

and then funny enough, on my way back, ANOTHER neil young song came on the radio!!

here's a couple gratuitous pics

gallery_672_98_9094.jpg

gallery_672_98_10539.jpg

gallery_672_98_5785.jpg

it's got a solid maple top, back, sides...carved back & top, multi piece maple neck, ebony fretboard. the maple adds a brightness to the normally bassier hollowbody tones....I think it's a fantastic instrument. seth lover pickups

although the body is a smaller size than a gretsch

Wow. Yep that thread was moved to family tree, which makes sense. I just saw this pic over there and thought it was a millie..... So this is your guitar, Bolero, wow. She's a beaut!

Cosmetically, she obviously calls out white falcon.... What about the sonic qualities? Are you able to draw feedback when you wish? (something my buddy lived and used often with his) were you ever privileged to play a falcon??

Got it used...actually initially I wasn't going to buy it, posted a heads up on the forum but after it sat on kijiji for a few months I went to check it out....was smitten right away..

It will feedback if you really want it to but is pretty easy to control

I was fortunate enough to play Bolero's Millie last year (at PSP) and I really enjoyed it, what a great guitar.

heh, thx for the comments...and it was fun jamming with you too, Fernando! we'll have to hookup but my schedule is a bit nuts right now :(

re: the neil young tunes

as I started the car to go look at the thing, "old man" drifted onto the radio....wistful

then driving home on the highway afterwards...."cinnamon girl"....&*%$ yeah, I just bought this bitchin guitar!!! what a great feeling.... :headbang:

Archived