Heritage Owners Club

Warm Holy Grail Reverb...Help!

My original issue Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb pedal sounds fantastic. The only drawback is that it does not use batteries and needs to be connected to a 9vDC/500mA power supply. I bought it used and the seller did not have the EH original power supply.

OK, so I connect it to my Visual Sound 9v/500mA plugs along with a few other pedal friends and we're good to go.

I just noticed that the Holy Grail stays a little warm, even when not turned on. No other pedal feels warm to the touch, even when on.

Is this a problem? Fire hazard? Normal? Visual Sound hook-up not compatable?

5130TWPCZBL.jpg

Steiner~ That KBP Reverb looks HOT!! :icon_spiderman:

Real tube driven reverb pan, handmade in the United States! Lovely, luscious tone. If you wish, Detroit Blues and / or I can hook you up with the builder. I cannot survive long without a splash of reverb while practicing

I'm surprised you can use the One Spot. The Holy Grail's polarity is backwards from most other pedals.....

That might explain the additional 60 cycle hum I'm hearing. I need to see if one of my many orphaned wall warts fits the Grail. If not, I'll check Fleabay for the specific plug for it.

That might explain the additional 60 cycle hum I'm hearing. I need to see if one of my many orphaned wall warts fits the Grail. If not, I'll check Fleabay for the specific plug for it.

Be careful about orphaned wall warts.. you can destroy a perfectly good pedal if you're not careful..!!

Archived