Heritage Owners Club

NATD! JCA for a JC!

Today I traded my JCA head and cab for a JC120 that is in VERY good condition!

I am just so pumped! Been wanting one of these for the longest. The opportunity came up and I jumped on it!

What I'd say the MOST immediate difference is between the Cube 80x and the JC120, other than freakish volume, is there is some much (not unlike a tube amp) to the Cube where as the JC120 is just SCARY clean. Love them both, but there is definitely a difference.

post-987-0-97958800-1339887314_thumb.jpg

Does the JC120 have the built in fuzz drive? My JC70 did. Funniest OD I've ever had in an amp. But the cleans!! Oh yeah, don't get much cleaner than that. When I was using a BOSS GT5 for FX, the only amp sim I ever used was the JC120 sample. It even sounded good as COSM based. Good go on the JC120.

Congratulations, Barry! I like Barry McRoland, or Mr. Clean for your new nickname, haha. I'm sure you had fun with the Jet City, but the JC-120 has stood the test of time as a classic for a reason. Good going!

Does the JC120 have the built in fuzz drive? My JC70 did. Funniest OD I've ever had in an amp. But the cleans!! Oh yeah, don't get much cleaner than that. When I was using a BOSS GT5 for FX, the only amp sim I ever used was the JC120 sample. It even sounded good as COSM based. Good go on the JC120.

It has that distortion knob as they all do on channel 2. You know, for all the bad press that knob gets, I don't have an issue with it. I think the biggest problem with this amp in general is people approach it like it is a tube amp. Simply can't do that and reasonably expect to like what comes out of it.

Funny, I really do dig the COSM effects. Then again, I really dig Boss effects in general. So... take that for what it is worth! haha.

Thanks. I am really, really diggin on this amp.

Congratulations, Barry! I like Barry McRoland, or Mr. Clean for your new nickname, haha. I'm sure you had fun with the Jet City, but the JC-120 has stood the test of time as a classic for a reason. Good going!

haha. I'd take either one. haha. Anyway to change the rank on mine to Mr. Clean? ;)

The JCA was a fine amp. Just not me.

I have probably played the JC more in the past two days than I had the JCA in the past few months.

Archived