Heritage Owners Club

Early H 150 project coming my way

brentrocks

I'm taking a chance on an first year H 150 with a headstock break. it has not been repaired and i'm hoping that Pete can glue it and make it playable.

It has a monster top and it has the pre-lawsuit G cut....it has all the original parts. It has a ton of wear on the back so im not worried about the repair being repainted, i just want it solid and playable.

I got it from a guy in VA....he went to school where Vince Lewis teaches...we had a nice conversation last night! He said he bought it as a project and never found the time so he bought a new H 150 instead, he also has a 535....i told him to join the HOC :icon_smile:

I should have it thursday and it will be going off to Pete right away! Worst case outcome, i take it to Heritage for a new neck.

KGrHqJHJwETpmwVU-BP6PeNndqw60_3.jpg

T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KfvNBP6PeMDzOQ60_3.jpg

T2eC16VHJHwE9n8iiHT3BP6PeKzOfg60_3.jpg

T2eC16VHJGwE9nyTd9EBP6PeMlwSQ60_3.jpg

T2eC16FHJGoE9nuQeWV6BP6Pefc91g60_57.jpg

wow, that's one tore up 150! That's a hefty project to take on for sure!

for sure man! even if i have to have a new neck put on it, it will still be a great deal....ill end up putting new electronics in it, pots caps, pups, jack, etc. Buff out the top too.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see how that turns out! I recently played a 1974 Gibby deluxe that had a much worse headstock break that had been repaired. It was an awesome guitar and the repair I think made the neck stronger. It should be ok in the end...

for sure man! even if i have to have a new neck put on it, it will still be a great deal....ill end up putting new electronics in it, pots caps, pups, jack, etc. Buff out the top too.

You should refinish the top while your at it. Make it all amber! :icon_thumleft:

Just like this VCB to Amber guitar we've seen....

DSC04950.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

You should refinish the top while your at it. Make it all amber! :icon_thumleft:

Just like this VCB to Amber guitar we've seen....

DSC04950.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

If the top is REALLY beat up....i might, epecially if the neck has to be replaced....but i would prob do a blueburst

Archived