Heritage Owners Club

NAD

I've wanted to try one of these for a long time, so today I was lucky enough to trade a KBP Reverb Deluxe for a Marshall 1974 Bluesbreaker clone. I'd closely relate this to an English take on the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Two separate high and low inputs, one "clean" channel, one channel with tremolo. When the volume is up, this gives you all the rich Marshall crunch you'd dream of. I also tried the jumping inputs as well, that worked too as a volume boost. It's not a KBP, but I sure wish I'd asked for one of these a long time ago from him.

540343b8ee4af6800db1e0e28eaddb28.jpg

049299f9e1c4cdfec654a092f12cd453.jpg

b865a7446cb774227d31d5d08001182b.jpg

f9123ecc6a4116eaadc709be2c818dc4.jpg

If it has any semblance to the Marshall 18 watter, you're going to be out of touch for a while.

Congrats!

It's more fun than an acoustic anyhow.

Go NADs!

Congrats, Josh! A KBP 18 Watt clone is on my "want but don't need list," as I seem to get the main tone I hear in my head from the Tweed Deluxe, EVERY time! I'll bet this amp suits you pretty well. Along with the BillM modded Blues Junior, you can cover a lot of ground.

Only bad part is this amp really needs the Master Volume control installed. It has a great Marshall overdrive tone, but you have to push the volume to get it... Sounds so good too, but not at home volumes...

It's a good job you have Amps 'R' Us close to you then ;)

Weber MASS 100 custom ordered with everything but the rack ears is what I have, it helps make usable non MV amps. Set volume for a bit of hair to light crunch, take it down on the MASS dial a little, not a lot to start with.. The more you attenuate, the more you will need some form of tone compensating to take place with just about any atenuator unless some correction is already in the circuit. It's best to first do as much correction as possible in the main amp's tone stack. In the MASS, the compensating is adjusted by the user manually. Running the amp dimed on volume and attenuated to a whisper causes the power tranny to run hotter and shortens power tube life significantly, the amp is working as hard as it can. Using a cooling fan for high volume knob settings/heavily attenuated/long operating time situations will greatly help.. The tonestacked balanced line out on mine is worth the expensive price alone for its sound quality and capabilities going to the mixing board...

The new attenuatable speakers are nice for some folks, they love 'em, but no experience here. I can see some inventor making a closed back cab that snaps open and shut for those.

Boutique amp for your boutique guitars! Well done!

Only bad part is this amp really needs the Master Volume control installed. It has a great Marshall overdrive tone, but you have to push the volume to get it... Sounds so good too, but not at home volumes...

i wondered about that. maybe kbp can help?

That is what a good overdrive pedal is for!!

The biggest myth in electric guitar music is that all the break-up/distortion comes from the amp..... Nope! Everyone from Warren Haynes to Robben Ford use OD pedals along with the amp to get their break-up. These pros have $5-50K amps and they are hitting it with OD pedals to get there tone!

I'm actually rather surprised you've got such a clean amp. The 1974x's are known for their early breakup and crunchy tone.

I'm also surprised that you don't have a couple of nice pedals you can use with your amps.

Oh, now I remember...you did, but you sold 'em. :icon_salut:

Archived