Heritage Owners Club

Victoria Victoriette 2x10 Opinions?

DavesNotHere

I know there is no shortage of opinions here and most are backed by quite a bit of knowledge. So, does anyone have any experience with a Victoria Victoriette 2x10?

I have been offered one in trade for my Fender Twin. I’ve not heard one and I’m not familiar with the maker, I’ve heard of them but that’s all.

If it was local I would just go and check it out, but the guy lives about 2 hours away. I’d hate to drive two hours and find out it’s nowhere near what I’m looking for. He has also offered to drive to my place, but I would feel bad if he drove two hours and I played it for 30 minutes and said “no thanks”

I love the how the Twin sounds, but it just too damn big and loud for me.

I guess my questions are:

Are these reliable?

What kind of tone are we talking Fenderish, Marshallish, some otherish?

This one is around 20 watts. That should give it plenty of headroom, right?

Any specific questions I should ask?

I’ve read some anonymous reviews on line this evening, but I would certainly put more stock in a fellow HOC member’s opinion, since I’ve met many of you and have pretty good feel for what most of you hear in a tone.

Just for reference, I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Blues Jr that I’ve played several times and I just love the sound of that one.

Thanks

Dave

I have no experience with this particular model but Victoria amps are beautifully built and highly regarded. This clip uses one; it's jazz so may not cover the sonic range you're thinking of for yourself.

It's a $3K amp! According to the blurb it 'possesses the warmth and clean headroom of a blackface Deluxe, with the character, charm, and dynamic response of a Class A British amp, but it is a knockoff of nothing'. Sounds to me like it could be in low-wattage Fender Vibrolux territory - very tasty!

I'd be all over it personally. Get it and bring it to England - we can go on a 15th century pub crawl! :)

It's a $3K amp! According to the blurb it 'possesses the warmth and clean headroom of a blackface Deluxe, with the character, charm, and dynamic response of a Class A British amp, but it is a knockoff of nothing'. Sounds to me like it could be in low-wattage Fender Vibrolux territory - very tasty!

I'd be all over it personally. Get it and bring it to England - we can go on a 15th century pub crawl! :)

Thanks for the video. I did do a bit more research on this one and does appear this may be what I'm looking for in an amp.

I found precious few demos on the web, but it seems to cover the tone range I'm looking for right now, and the new price is out of my range. So, if it's any kind of shape, it appears to be a steal!

I'm going to talk to him today and get a little more info.

And, I'm looking forward to the pup crawl! :drink2_mini:

That's a great amp - essentially a very high quality single channel black face Deluxe Reverb in a 2x10 combo; I would expect simliar clean tones to that of your Twin, but without nearly as much clean headroom as you go to the higher end of the volume dial... on that note, an overdriven Deluxe Reverb is a wonderfull sound.

Rhoadscholars Reverb Deluxe has the 2x10 setup, and it's an excellent speaker configuration.

That's the reason they sell hand trucks. Bring on the Twin.

Given the option to trade, I'd go for it and buy another Twin.

Thanks for all the input, but it didn't work out. There was going to be too much cash on my side of the deal.

It was a great deal, but I was selling the Twin to fund a new amp because I didn't have too much cash :)

Again, thanks for chiming in.

Archived