Heritage Owners Club

Ren Wall History Project

FredZepp

Thanks for posting that Fred.

It still boggles my mind that we get to hang with Ren and all the Heritage guys at least once a year. The fact that these guys and girls have been such a part of the history of 20th century music is mind blowing.

Talk about six degrees of separation!

I'm one degree away from BB King, Billy Gibbons, Chet Atkins, Les Paul and more!

The thing that amazes me, besides the guitars, is you can call or write to Heritage and speak to Ren , Marv, Jim, or anyone you need and you don't have to be Billy Gibbons or Chet Atkins to get through.

Envy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and there is precious little that I envy in this world, but I do envy those members that live close enough to 225 Parsons Street to just drop in once in a while to say "Hi"

Yes, a repost, but it's always good to hear about and from Ren, what with all the guitar history that he's been involved with for so many years. And he's still at it!

I'd not seen that - thanks for the post, Fred! Really enjoyed it (thanks, Fretfiler, for sharing those stories... keep 'em coming!). Who's doing the background track, is it credited?

Okay, come Monday I gotta xerox my hand to send off... :hello:

Guest HRB853370

Thanks for posting that Fred.

It still boggles my mind that we get to hang with Ren and all the Heritage guys at least once a year. The fact that these guys and girls have been such a part of the history of 20th century music is mind blowing.

Talk about six degrees of separation!

I'm one degree away from BB King, Billy Gibbons, Chet Atkins, Les Paul and more!

The thing that amazes me, besides the guitars, is you can call or write to Heritage and speak to Ren , Marv, Jim, or anyone you need and you don't have to be Billy Gibbons or Chet Atkins to get through.

Envy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and there is precious little that I envy in this world, but I do envy those members that live close enough to 225 Parsons Street to just drop in once in a while to say "Hi"

Well said Dave. Ordinary folks like us can carry on a conversation with these guys, without having to go through gatekeepers, etc. Try calling Henry J (even if you wanted to, and who would want to...) or Paul Reed Smith without getting one or two gatekeepers in between. I always miss the time in between PSP where, as you said, just dropping by is always welcomed by these folks. BTW, I just noticed, 5/7 of your Heritage collection are in the first three production years. Well done! Is that by design, or is it purely coincidental?

Very cool video Fred, thank you for posting! These guys are legends, plain and simple, at the same time that they are down to earth, accessible people. It doesn't get better than this. I consider myself so fortunate to be able to talk to them at a personal level and to own some of these incredible guitars they build. You can't put a price tag on something like that.

Archived