Heritage Owners Club

Need help designing a Custom H150

Billgelder

I have been looking for a Les Paul R9. Two week ago I found one in WBP FL. I was very disappointed with the workmanship and the overall quality of the guitar. A freind told me about Heritage's Custom shop. Why not have the shop and people that make Gibson (when they were good) make my dream guitar? So I have spent the last two weeks designing a Custom H150. This is what I came up with. Let me know what you think, and any suggestions you may have.

Optional Custom finish- "Brock-Dapra Burst on AA flame top with faded Cherry back

(Please see attached pics)

* deep dished carved top

* Long neck Tenon

* All Honduran mahogany body & neck

* FAT ‘58 style neck

* Nitrocellulose lacquer finish

* Locking Grover keys

* Stainless Steel frets

* TonePros bridge & stop bar

* CTS pots w/ Spraque caps

* real M.O.Pearl inlays

* Cream color bindings

* Pickguard not installed- just included in the case w/ hardware

* Pickups: * SD Pearly Gates in Bridge, Alnico II Pro in neck- both 4 conductor wires for coil taps

* Push Pull coil tap pots for both pickups

• Heritage Hardshell case (a $200 value)

• REAL Nitrocellulose lacquer finish

• Hang tag and warranty certificate

• Truss rod adjustment wrench, bridge tools

post-8269-0-07802700-1350066204_thumb.jpg

The colour of the guitar in the picture isn't VSB (Vintage Sunburst) as kidsmoke said - it looks darker than that to me and with a touch more red/brown in it.

However, and to repeat kidsmoke, that spec of yours is pretty much a stock Heritage H-150CM, aside from your electronics which they'll fit if you or your dealer supplies.

Good luck :)

just like real life, the color looks different every time/day/ light you see it. And it looks like those are different guitars. Regardless...they'll work with you/the dealer to get you what you want. And matching the classic bursts is hardly and unusual request!

Interesting pick up choice. Can't see why that wouldn't be fantastic, but I'm curious how you settled on it. Played that combo before?

If you're working with Jay, hardly need our input. He's special ordered more Heritages than any other man on this planet, I do believe. And except for a few things (custom color, ss frets, all hog body, '58 spec'd neck) you've nearly describes a standard H150. Have you played some of the 150s at Jay's? He should have a wall full of them.

My main guitar is a Les Paul standard GT. Big neck and about 10.5 lbs. a real workhorse. So the weight is not that big of a deal for me. The band I'm in is a classic rock band. So I have to go from Pink Floyd to Ledzeppelin. go to your web is harikarirocks.net if you want to know more. Thats the reason for the pickups. I would like to use this guitar for all the tunes, but the side songs.

I am sure if Heritage will build with Stainless frets. I have never heard of one coming straight from Heritage with them, but I could be wrong.

Heritage will do a multitude of things, but somethings they won't. I am not sure they will use SS frets. SS frets are very hard to work with and hard on machines, I know Terry McInturff won't use them.

Again, I am not sure if Heritage will or will not. Call Heritage to find out. M-TR Best before 9AM EST

I doubt if they will do stainless steel frets. From what I hear they are a b...h to work with.

Here are a couple close to what you want. One has Seth Lovers one has Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays.

150DAs002.jpg

they will do stainless steel frets. A $30 upcharge. But I think it is worth the 30 bucks.

Well worth it! Good to know.

Can't wait to see your build.Pics are mandatory and very appreciated.

they will do stainless steel frets. A $30 upcharge. But I think it is worth the 30 bucks.

That's good to know, thanks for asking & posting this info!!!

Nickel looks more classy. It will tarnish (and can be clean & buffed back like new) but it has a more vintage classic look. Chrome looks too blingy and cheaper to me.

Not all parts are available in nickel. I am with Tulk (Kenny) on this one, I get nickel all parts I can.

Archived