Heritage Owners Club

Got a pretty good deal on a Marshall 50th anniversary JTM1C. I ordered a restock which they never sent, went through some BS but I expect delivery Monday on this little 1 watt Blues Breaker combo. Just in time to avoid the Georgia internet sales taxes for 2013.

This completes my amp spectrum of a tweed, ampeg, vox, fender(ish) and a goodsell is fender/vox blend. Missing a Marshall. All 1950 - 1960s era sounds. (What is that about?)

Going on internet reviews and posted clips this 5 amp series of 5 appears to be an instant classic coffee table / living room high gain amp.

Guest HRB853370

Ah, ya couldn't wait to spill the beans could ya!!! I dont think they call it a Blues Breaker though. Now you can finally play some blues Dan. Should look good on your coffee, er, I mean amp table.

BTW, which amp do you have that is a tweed??? I didn't see that one your amp table!

Good on ya Dan!

post-2130-0-73349300-1357274466_thumb.png

Ah, ya couldn't wait to spill the beans could ya!!! I dont think they call it a Blues Breaker though. Now you can finally play some blues Dan. Should look good on your coffee, er, I mean amp table.

BTW, which amp do you have that is a tweed??? I didn't see that one your amp table!

Good on ya Dan!

Swart STR

Got a pretty good deal on a Marshall 50th anniversary JTM1C. I ordered a restock which they never sent, went through some BS but I expect delivery Monday on this little 1 watt Blues Breaker combo. Just in time to avoid the Georgia internet sales taxes for 2013.

This completes my amp spectrum of a tweed, ampeg, vox, fender(ish) and a goodsell is fender/vox blend. Missing a Marshall. All 1950 - 1960s era sounds. (What is that about?)

Going on internet reviews and posted clips this 5 amp series of 5 appears to be an instant classic coffee table / living room high gain amp.

I have 50th anniversary JCM1C (800 series). I'm sure yours will rock as well as mine does. Albeit they do it at much lower volumes.

Guest HRB853370
Sure can...

But it wont get very loud I am certain. I had a 5W Blackstar and it was fine at low volumes, had plenty of British tone, driving a 1x12 cabinet but it wouldn't get loud. I suppose for Dan's purposes (apartment/condo living with neighbors) it will be perfect for him.

But it wont get very loud I am certain. I had a 5W Blackstar and it was fine at low volumes, had plenty of British tone, driving a 1x12 cabinet but it wouldn't get loud. I suppose for Dan's purposes (apartment/condo living with neighbors) it will be perfect for him.

Maybe... But that Blackstar isn't a true tube amp. But plug that into a 4x12 and you'll be floored how loud it gets.

Maybe... But that Blackstar isn't a true tube amp. But plug that into a 4x12 and you'll be floored how loud it gets.

He said: "Butt plug!" :o

Guest HRB853370

Wrong again DB. Whats not "true" about it?

HT-5RH Head Overview

• Innovative 5 Watt valve combo
  • 1xECC83 and 1x12BH7 valves

I recently tried a blackstar 5watt through a 4x12 cab - it was superb!

Guest HRB853370
I recently tried a blackstar 5watt through a 4x12 cab - it was superb!

I couldnt get any balls out of that amp through a Jet City 1x12 cab.

And it's a dud!

Did not appear to be an original Marshall box. Opened it up and there was a ding on the right front corner. No sound. Only two of the three tubes were glowing. I could wiggle the third tube and get it to light up and make a buzz noise. So it goes back. I might be spoiled by all the boutique amps I have. This thing looks like factory crap construction. I guess if it sounds great I can live with it but I'm thinking.... like Rob says buy cheep buy twice.

Guest HRB853370
And it's a dud!

Did not appear to be an original Marshall box. Opened it up and there was a ding on the right front corner. No sound. Only two of the three tubes were glowing. I could wiggle the third tube and get it to light up and make a buzz noise. So it goes back. I might be spoiled by all the boutique amps I have. This thing looks like factory crap construction. I guess if it sounds great I can live with it but I'm thinking.... like Rob says buy cheep buy twice.

Wow, sorry to hear that after the anticipation of waiting. $800 is a lot of coin for a dud!

Guest HRB853370
Slammer the deal was a little better than that at $650. So I took the damaged upon arrival as a sign and changed my order to a Fargen MiniPlexII at 15% off expected in February.

I bet it was a refurb Dan, at that price. You didnt buy a new amp so perhaps you were mislead?

FARGENNUGGEN!!!

He did. A little, low wattage amp that got great reviews. I thought of buying one but he didn't label them, so very few folks would actually know the amp is a Fargen Bastage.

Wrong again DB. Whats not "true" about it?

HT-5RH Head Overview

• Innovative 5 Watt valve combo
  • 1xECC83 and 1x12BH7 valves

A true 5w tube amp doesn't have a headphone jack and be run without a speaker cab..... It has tube features just like the Fender SCXD, but it has a digital processor just like the SCXD. Sounds great until in craps out (like a co-worker that's on his fourth 5H).

Guest HRB853370
A true 5w tube amp doesn't have a headphone jack and be run without a speaker cab..... It has tube features just like the Fender SCXD, but it has a digital processor just like the SCXD. Sounds great until in craps out (like a co-worker that's on his fourth 5H).

I bow my head in disgrace.

You're a sick individual... Funny as hell, but sick.... :laughing7:

You just learning this about Steiner?

:laughing6::laughing6:

Archived