Heritage Owners Club

Now you know I love my Heritage,,,but!

big bob

I now have three Heritage guitars that need new jacks... I really dislike the barrel jacks that Heritage used in the 80's. before I replace them can anyone recommend a quality barell jack? I only want to do this.

The three in question are

Stat Dlx E code

150 custom I code

And the 575 O code

Does nutric make barrel jacks?

Quality barrel jack? Isn't that an oxymoron? :icon_pirat:

Word in Kalamazoo is replace it with a plated jack. That comes from Jack at Heritage, Aaron Cowles and Pete Moreno.

It's easy to swap the jacks out.

My personal experience hasn't been that negative with the barrel jacks. I've only had one fail.

Okay, so I've wasted your time and didn't answer the question. But none of them knew of a good replacement.

Neutrik's Rean division makes one. I was actually suprised when I looked at the specs. Maybe this is a problem.

Mechanical
Insertion force ≤ 20 N
Withdrawal force ≥ 10 N
Lifetime 1000 mating cycles
It wouldn't take long to hit 1000 mating cycles on a guitar. Plug in 3 times and night and its done in less that a year. Granted they aren't that hard to change, but really... 1000 cycles? Seems awfully weak to me.

mars hall is right, the switchcraft barrel replacement is only about 7bucks and is easily found on ebay or Amazon.com. In fact, my H155 has that barrel jack too, and it's fairly worn. So I picked one up off ebay and have yet to install it but it looks fairly easy and I like that option better than drilling four holes in the rim for the plated jack.

Thanks to suggestion by Mark Hewitt at PSPV.

http://www.amazon.com/Switchcraft-Stereo-3-Conductor-Thick-Input/dp/B0049BQ474/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_4

chico

Stereo barrel jack works fine. Replaced the mono jack on my G&L with one. On the G&L's , you wrap it with string and tap it in with a rubber hammer! The stereo version give a third bearing surface for more durability.

Stereo barrel jack works fine. Replaced the mono jack on my G&L with one. On the G&L's , you wrap it with string and tap it in with a rubber hammer! The stereo version give a third bearing surface for more durability.

Interesting application. Do you ground the second hot tip or leave it floating?

I think I connrcted to the ring, so I let the remaining connection float. So connect the "hot" to the tip and the ground to either ring or sleeve. Don' think it matters as long as you use a TS plug

Archived