Heritage Owners Club

Used Carr day!

big bob

Well, I got the slant 6v in last night. I have yet to run her at band practice, but she sure sounds good so far.

The clean channel is very lush and punchy, takes pedals great. The drive channel can go from pretty clean to very raunchy. This amp is an odd fellow in that the clean channel and drive channel do not share any parts. They are totally separate. The power section is also quite odd, it's run by two sets of 2 6v6 tubes. One set runs in fixed bias the other in cathode bias. There is a 1/2 power feature that will allow use of eithe the fixed bias set for 22 watts or the cathode set foe 18 watts. I have only really run the amp on full power so far other than to check if the other settings work. The reverb is on the clean channel only, but this should be ok with me.

There were some cool surprises, the first being the fx loop which is no longer offered except as a extra.

This one has both send and return level pots, and it also can be used parallel or series, nice!

I emailed Steve Carr and asked his some questions, I was surprised to find out this one was the 6th one he made. I have had a chance to push her just a little today and boy can she get loud in a good way.

I will do a review after I've had her for a while, after practice and maybe a gig, but so far I am very impressed. post-463-0-87887900-1363818016_thumb.jpg

Well, I got the slant 6v in last night. I have yet to run her at band practice, but she sure sounds good so far.

The clean channel is very lush and punchy, takes pedals great. The drive channel can go from pretty clean to very raunchy. This amp is an odd fellow in that the clean channel and drive channel do not share any parts. They are totally separate. The power section is also quite odd, it's run by two sets of 2 6v6 tubes. One set runs in fixed bias the other in cathode bias. There is a 1/2 power feature that will allow use of eithe the fixed bias set for 22 watts or the cathode set foe 18 watts. I have only really run the amp on full power so far other than to check if the other settings work. The reverb is on the clean channel only, but this should be ok with me.

There were some cool surprises, the first being the fx loop which is no longer offered except as a extra.

This one has both send and return level pots, and it also can be used parallel or series, nice!

I emailed Steve Carr and asked his some questions, I was surprised to find out this one was the 6th one he made. I have had a chance to push her just a little today and boy can she get loud in a good way.

I will do a review after I've had her for a while, after practice and maybe a gig, but so far I am very impressed. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Congrats Lance, fine amp! You can use the effects loop as a solo boost too, I do that on my amp.

Through what cab Lance?

Weber pine cab 2 x 12 floating baffle, open back with two weber axis 100 watt ceramic speakers, one paper one hemp cone.

I just let her rip on 1/2 power cathode bias with the 575. What an incredible 3d type sound..... Wowsers..

Guest HRB853370

Weber pine cab 2 x 12 floating baffle, open back with two weber axis 100 watt ceramic speakers, one paper one hemp cone.

I just let her rip on 1/2 power cathode bias with the 575. What an incredible 3d type sound..... Wowsers..

Kool!!!

Oh Baby! You're driving a used Carr? I can see you; top down, kicking back with your dark sunglasses...

Congrats!

I'll get the pair of 4x12 stacks ready.

SWEET!!Hang on to your hat!!

It is so pleasing to hear about your Rambler! Having a loop with send and return level knobs is a tremendous secret weapon for harmonic bloom during "sustain" tones with my Bedrock 651 1/12 combo, I bet the Carr's sounds just glorious!

Boutique amps for boutique guitars,

Boutique guitars for boutique amps!

I have one like your with 2x12s in it. Mine was the 21st made. The new ones are not separate any more. I like mine that way, I can overlap the channels with an a b y box and get som interesting sounds like mostly clean with a little crunch under it. I never use the effects loop and I think most people didn't which is why they do not have them any more.

IMG_2395.jpg

The grill has a big rip in it now. I bought it new in 2000 and it has some big rough spots from going into trucks and into bars but it has never let me down, extremely well built.

I have one like your with 2x12s in it. Mine was the 21st made. The new ones are not separate any more. I like mine that way, I can overlap the channels with an a b y box and get som interesting sounds like mostly clean with a little crunch under it. I never use the effects loop and I think most people didn't which is why they do not have them any more.

IMG_2395.jpg

The grill has a big rip in it now. I bought it new in 2000 and it has some big rough spots from going into trucks and into bars but it has never let me down, extremely well built.

Looks like it's well Loved!! A True road warrior!! :icon_sunny:

I have one like your with 2x12s in it. Mine was the 21st made. The new ones are not separate any more. I like mine that way, I can overlap the channels with an a b y box and get som interesting sounds like mostly clean with a little crunch under it. I never use the effects loop and I think most people didn't which is why they do not have them any more. IMG_2395.jpg

How do you aby yours? Do you have two inputs on yours. I just have one input and switch/ footswitch between channels. I also have a memory man that I like I the loop.

How do you aby yours? Do you have two inputs on yours. I just have one input and switch/ footswitch between channels. I also have a memory man that I like I the loop.

Guitar goes into the pedal, then outputs to each amp input I'd think... Gregg might know best, give him a call!

I have one like your with 2x12s in it. Mine was the 21st made. The new ones are not separate any more. I like mine that way, I can overlap the channels with an a b y box and get som interesting sounds like mostly clean with a little crunch under it. I never use the effects loop and I think most people didn't which is why they do not have them any more. IMG_2395.jpg

Just awesome.

I use a lehle dual pedal which is an A B T (tuner) pedal that can be programmed to be a Y pedal as well. In this picture it is the red box in the lower left corner.

IMG_2398.jpg

Without the two separate inputs you would not be able to do the Y aspect.

Archived