Heritage Owners Club

My complaint about pedal powering

I use a Gator power block to power all the 9V and 18V stuff I have. Pull one plug and everything is off. (I wish I could say "flip one switch", but either way takes about the same amount of time.)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gator-g-bus-8-us-pedal-board-power-supply?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CKeH_Z2mr7gCFdFDMgod3FwAHQ&kwid=productads-plaid%5e34106001842-sku%5e546042000000000@ADL4MF-adType%5ePLA-device%5ec-adid%5e14207111762&tandt_rdir=1&aR=true

I don't use a board because one pedal is for one amp and one is for another. I don't use many effects.

A power switch on the back of the pedal isn't too much to expect. But it's not that hard to plug the adapter in each time.

I'm currently trying to buy a Vodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ power supply for my pedals. I have a Tremelo pedal that really sucks batterys.

And this is how it goes with Musicians Friend; 1. I get a coupon from them for 10% off so I go to their web site click the buttons to apply my coupon to the Vodoo Labs unit and get a reply that I can't apply a coupon to the Vodoo Labs product. 2. Now they know I have been on their web site trying to buy something so they send me a new 15% off coupon to entice to come back and spend some money. Again I try to apply the new 15% coupon to the Vodoo Lab product and again they reject it. 3. Now they are really trying so I get an email from them for a 20% off coupon. And yes I took the bait, tried to buy the Vodoo Labs unit and yes they said I could not apply the coupon to Vodoo Labs. I await a 25% coupon from Musicians Friend that I also can not use.

when I started using pedals I just got a good powerbar with a powerswitch on it

this one:

pACE3-3181189dt.jpg

although I accidentally stepped on it once in the middle of a gig/song & turned off all my stuff + the keyboard players amp :D wasn't pretty

I spent Mucho Dinero on pedals and now I'm back to amp overdrive and amp reverb..Go figure.. But I'm so busy with my Moms care playing guitar is out of the question..

I solved that problem with a One-Spot a while back. It becomes cheaper than buying 9v batteries these days.

+1 My pedalboard is modest in size (6 total) but it's a lot easier to just plug 'em in.

Archived