Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Day (sort of)

DavesNotHere

I've been working with Marv and Jim on a new build since I picked up my 357. I picked the top and the neck that day, but they just didn't have my back that day. Jim has since found my back and now were ready to get started. It was going to be a 150, then briefly it was a Millie, then up until yesterday it was a 170, now ???? But I have at least finally decided on the finish. ( I think)

One Piece Top

DSCF4327.jpg

One Piece Back

DSCF4326.jpg

Five Piece Neck

DSCF4333.jpg

DSCF4328.jpg

DSCF4331.jpg

DSCF4334.jpg

Wood hunting through 225 with Marv is a once in a lifetime experience, repeat as often as funds allow. At least three HOC members took advantage of PSP VI for starting new builds. Keep it rolling guys.

Gold star for Dave...

Millie Pro?

Congrats DNH! You got the complete guitar package - some assembly required...

Thanks for all the kind words. I've been very indecisive regarding the build during the last month knowing PSP would be coming soon. Seeing all your beautiful Heritages helped me to finally make up my mind on this build (and I have a good idea for the next one too)

A 5 piece neck? . How does this style of a neck effect the tone if you were to put this on a 157.

As Southpaw said, it will be five times better. But seriously, since it's mostly maple and I'm doing an ebony board, I suspect it will add some brightness to the guitar.

Oh that's what you meant, when you said "Hey look at my wood".

Not necessarily my good man! it has a lot to do with who is in the vicinity at time :dirol_mini:

is there enough wood on there for an eagle headstock?

something like this, but with a VSB etc finish so you can see the wood, would look great IMO

I considered that, but Marv said the headstock on this batch of necks I was choosing from wern't really big enough and it wouldn't look good. So I acquiesced to his better judgement.

Thanks for all the kind words. I've been very indecisive regarding the build during the last month knowing PSP would be coming soon. Seeing all your beautiful Heritages helped me to finally make up my mind on this build (and I have a good idea for the next one too)

So you're already planning on another build after this one ...... :glasses1:

Archived